Spacebar chopping/mining slower than Mouse-click chopping/mining

Aeglefire
  • Pending

When chopping trees with an axe or mining boulders with a pickaxe, holding the mouse on the thing you want to chop/mineĀ is now faster with the recent quality of life update, overĀ spacebar chopping/mining.

Spacebar chopping/mining should thus be changed to be as fast as mouse-click chopping/mining.

Seeing new players chop trees and mine boulders slower than me does not sit right with me.

Steps to Reproduce

Compare the following chopping/mining (action) speeds:

1) Hold mouse on tree/boulder to chop/mine it with axe/pickaxe.

2) Now hold spacebar near tree/boulder to chop/mine it with axe/pickaxe.

Note: Hammering and attacking speeds should be compared and tested as well.

• Like 1

User Feedback

I didn't know about the mouse making chopping, etc. faster after the update, and I've been playing DST for years, and I read the update notes, but didn't understand them. "All actions can be repeated by clicking and holding the action button" sounded like it was describing the normal behavior of the game, and I always use the space bar, so I didn't notice anything new.

I don't know if there's a reason the space bar can't do what the mouse does, but I'm grateful I happened to read this and learn about the new mouse click chopping, etc. being faster. So, even if nothing gets changed, thank you for putting this information where at least one person could learn it.

• Like 1

Share this comment