Sound options in settings are always 0

saira
  • Pending

I have a bug where the sound in game is always at 0. If you change it in settings it just changes back to 0. I tried tons of different forums and solutions but to no avail. When running the videos from options the game crashes with an error referring to a sound card error. I really need help fixing this bug I love this game but it loses a lot without sound. Below is a lost of some of the more common solutions I tried.

Changing the sound in the INI file

Updating sound drivers

starting the game with headphones plugged in and then unplugging them

repair the local game files

reinstalling the game

bug checking my audio

installing the game on a Seagate drive and not on a Seagate drive (I usually keep my games on one)

I don't have razor headphones (A few people have this problem when using them)

I don't have any mods installed

I think there were a few more things I tried but I have forgotten them

Thank you to anyone willing to help me find a solution to this bug.

Steps to Reproduce
I am not sure how to reproduce the bug other than that I don't have volume when the game starts up and crashes during the videos. Ps sorry but I could not find the log files.

User Feedback

On 5/11/2019 at 1:26 AM, Zillvr said:

Hello @DDRNSTPMGMX, welcome to the forums. Have you attempted the methods discussed in this thread (worth a try):

Thank you for this post, but unfortunately, I tried all I can with this post and I still can't find a solution to this sound.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, uninstalled Realtek and reinstalled it, verified the integrity of the game files (which came clean with no errors), Switched from 24bit to 16bit audio, gave steam full access as admin (which was already the case before i bought Don't starve together), and updated the drivers which was already in its most recent version.

Share this comment