Something wrong with game icons

TheAirbender
  • Pending

When I click any game icon it goes down and nothing happens. Some icons become unclickable and flow down when i try to click them.Here are the examples.

4FE7A542-CD74-4E1F-A668-F53207DDECB6.jpeg

2415CAAD-79AB-49A5-BBD4-48280ADC9075.jpeg

client_log.txt

client_log2.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Click any game icon or button

User Feedback

12 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Hi,

Please disable all client mods and then verify the game files via steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335). 

If that dos not help then please attach \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt to this bug report.

Hi,
All mods were already disabled in that moment and I have already tried verifying game files it does not help. I have attached everything that were located by this adress: \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt to my report.

Share this comment

So the buttons do not react (other then moving) when you click them? How did you get to this screen? The "Play!" log in button is the same type of button.
Do you have a controller plugged in?
Does using the keyboard to navigate the menus work?

Share this comment

Yes,buttons don’t do anything exept moving down. This bug works for ALL my in game buttons/icons. Including map icon,crafting menu,pause menu,main game menu,item collection etc. The only way to do something is the keyboard. This bug only works when I click icon with mouse,but with keyboard everything is okay.

P.S I don’t have any plugged in controllers

Share this comment

Nothing happened. I didn’t change anything in controls. Everything in there by default. Icons still move down.

Edited by TheAirbender

Share this comment

On 20.12.2017 at 10:44 PM, ScottHansen said:

So the buttons do not react (other then moving) when you click them? How did you get to this screen? The "Play!" log in button is the same type of button.
Do you have a controller plugged in?
Does using the keyboard to navigate the menus work?

Here are another exaples of this bug: every icon go down when it clicked exept the “Play!” button. Also,i faced a new issue. On the last screenshot i was trying to open crafting menu,but it immediately closes! I tried to open it by CapsLock,but there were another misfortune: I wasn’t able to reskin my stuff! Arrow that swaps reskins was dead and unclickable. What i need to do to solve this problem?

F611B499-641F-4011-BCFB-B7EDD39D3E9E.jpeg

3180FA90-03BA-4373-B605-83FBDDBC8F20.jpeg

4BB2C88A-A9AA-4071-9B08-DDDFBF394ED3.jpeg

09CF960F-574B-419A-A262-4B642627B18E.jpeg

AB972291-CD8B-4CE8-820E-D1C942E43324.jpeg

643B55E6-E494-48B3-9E9A-7E3715752F35.jpeg

672C34C4-F73A-4D73-91CB-44D88A2F3B74.jpeg

Share this comment

Based on the symptoms, it looks like DST is not receiving the Mouse Up event for some reason. This may be due to other programs you have running in the background. If you are using a laptop with a mouse, then please make sure the trackpad is disabled. I would also suggest trying a different mouse if you have access to one.

Could you try playing in windowed mode (this can be toggled in the settings menu)? Do not maximize the window.

Could you also press Backspace and tell me the FPS number located at the top right corner. (Press backspace a gain to toggle off the text)

If none of the above helps, then please take the attached files and put them in your DST install folder:
frontend.lua goes in: \steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\data\databundles\scripts.zip\scripts\
widget.lua goes in: \steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\data\databundles\scripts.zip\scripts\widgets\

Now run DST and Click Play!
1)
- Move the mouse to the bottom left corner where it says Release (v???)
- Press the " key a bunch of times
- Click the left mouse button a dozen times or so. Do some clicks where you hold down the button for a little longer then normal.
- Press the " key a bunch of times again.

2)
- Now go into the Host Game screen and put your mouse just above the Rollback button
- Press the = key a bunch of times
- Now move the mouse on top of the Rollback button (please try not to move the mouse over anything else on the way)
- Click the mouse button a bunch of times (to make the button go a little down the screen)
- Press the = key again a bunch of times
- Press Alt+F4 to close the game

Now get the new log file and add it here.

After this is done, validate your game files via steam to restore the original script files.

widget.lua

frontend.lua

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Sorry,but i have a little question: Where can I find my DST install folder?
P.S About fps: it goes 25-26. About mouse: changing it does not do anything. Btw i also tried to play fullscreen and window mode this bug works same in both modes.

20171223201820_1.jpg

Share this comment

I followed your instructions and there are my client logs. I found the folder,and put files there. Nothing have changed at all BUT icons became more sensative and now they go down but do it's thing. But I afraid it was just a lucky moment..
P.S. There are my client logs after this experiment.

client_log.txt

client_log2.txt

Share this comment

Sorry. We've been on winter vacation so I haven't had any time to look at. I'll start digging into to today though.

Share this comment

Unfortunately the log file you attached does not contain any of the logging information I added :( Now i regret not looking at the log file over the break... Make sure you copy the log file after closing the game in step (2). If you launch the game again it will erase the log file and create a new one.

Could you please run the steps above again?
You can verify the info is there by opening the log file and looking for lines containing:
+ Widget:OnLoseFocus
- FrontEnd:OnMouseButton

On another note, you do not need to attach the log file in DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta. This folder can probably be deleted since we are no longer running the A New Reign beta, unless you are keeping it around for other reasons.

Share this comment