Server crashing bugs

Diaboliko
  • Fixed

I can't really confirm those two since both happened on different dedicated servers and testing them myself would require someones help and is messy overall, but they are likely to exist:
1) hammer down anything that allows you to prototype things and prototype something before it breaks so when the server recieves your crafting(prototyping) request the thing is already destroyed(obviously requires non-zero ping). Looked like server did crash.

2) about 1.5 seconds as I have used cave entrance, got loading image on my screen and got the "connecting..." message I accidently did shutdown power on my client part, suddenly interrupting any processes on my end. When I came back a minute later - server was no more. Who knows if it actually did crush, but it could have had.

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

its about weekend time, did you, awesome guys, look into it? Id like to know if those are the "things", before poking them again myself.

Edited by Diaboliko

Share this comment

Sorry, I have not been able to reproduce the issues you listed above. Could you please reproduce them and provide the client_log.txt. And if you are running with caves enabled, also include: Cluster_X\Master\server_log.txt and Cluster_X\Caves\server_log.txt  (Replace Cluster_X with the server slot your world is saved to)

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Sorry, I have not been able to reproduce the issues you listed above. Could you please reproduce them and provide the client_log.txt. And if you are running with caves enabled, also include: Cluster_X\Master\server_log.txt and Cluster_X\Caves\server_log.txt  (Replace Cluster_X with the server slot your world is saved to)

Aww, but I told you it has to be not a local server, and ping has to be high enough(for the first bug). I will see what can I prove.

Share this comment