Seed pack-it doesn't reduce spoilage rate.

The Gardevoir.
  • Pending

Adter the new update I saw changes of seed pack-it. And for some reason spoilage time of seeds doesn't decrease in it at all. 

Steps to Reproduce

I wanted to see changes of seed pack it. For that I had seed that had 31 days till spoiled. I put it in seed pack-it and refrigerator. In refrigerator it changed to 70 days while in seed pack-it it stayed at 31.

• Like 1

User Feedback

Are you using a mod to get this information? Which mod? The fridge is supposed to halve spoilage rate, and 31 x 2 is not 70. I wonder if this mod has static values it uses to calculate spoilage time in certain containers and hasn't been updated since the QOL update.

Share this comment

Yes. I'm using display food values.

Edit: Tested withouth mods. Still spoils faster in seed pack-it.

Edited by The Gardevoir.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, The Gardevoir. said:

Yes. I'm using display food values.

Edit: Tested withouth mods. Still spoils faster in seed pack-it.

I'm not sure how you tested this without mods, but I just did some testing myself using the console. A stack of 20 seeds split into two stacks of 10 spoiled to different values over the course of 2 days with one in my main inventory and one in the Seed Pack-it, and the same stack combined and halved again and then placed in a fridge and the Seed Pack-it spoiled to virtually identical values over the course of another 2 days.

It's possible that something is happening during gameplay to cause the Pack-it to stop working correctly, but I think you just have an incorrect report from an outdated mod. I don't know exactly which one you're using, but the three top results for "Display Food Values" are all mods that are 6+ years old, and the Seed Pack-it uses a method of modifying spoilage rate that I don't think was in the game 6 years ago.

• Like 1

Share this comment