Rook Crashes Game

Mr. Mystery
  • Pending

Whenever I go near a rook, it functions as normal, charging up until it starts to run, but right before it starts to run, the whole game crashes.  And even if I run away from the rook somehow, the game will still crash after a few seconds every time I open a world.  It doesn't only happen when the rooks are targeting me, they'll target anything, then crash the game, and make the world unplayable.  There' only two other reports about this that I could find, and one says that it's fixed, which is just not true.  It doesn't even give me a notification about it crashing or anything, it just freezes and then closes the game.

Here's the links to the posts I found about it,

game crash after clockwork rook's attack - Don't Starve Together - Klei Entertainment Forums

Being targeted by Clockwork Rook crashes game - Don't Starve Together - Klei Entertainment Forums

And here's the mods I have active, they're mostly just client QOL mods, though,

Steam Workshop::Cookbook [Client] (steamcommunity.com)

Steam Workshop::[DST]Too Many Items (steamcommunity.com)

Steam Workshop::Show Me (Origin) (steamcommunity.com)

Steam Workshop::Display Attack Range (steamcommunity.com)

Steam Workshop::Extra Equip Slots (steamcommunity.com)

Steam Workshop::Combined Status (steamcommunity.com)

Steam Workshop::DST Where's My Beefalo? (steamcommunity.com)

Steps to Reproduce

Get a clockwork rook to target literally anything and wait for it to run

master_server_log.txt donotstarvetogether_client.dmp

User Feedback

Hello,

Can you please link the posts that you've mentioned found, so we can have a better clue about the issue?
Do you use any mods? Does the logs say anything about the modification of the world? Can you also link those (pastebin/Imgur link will do)?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Justice_Play said:

Hello,

Can you please link the posts that you've mentioned found, so we can have a better clue about the issue?
Do you use any mods? Does the logs say anything about the modification of the world? Can you also link those (pastebin/Imgur link will do)?

I added the mods and posts that I found to my post, but what do you mean about the logs?  Is it the file marked client_log?  Because if it is, then I couldn't find anything about world modification, the closest thing to that was something called "modworldgenmain.lua" that it kept checking for all the mods, but it kept saying "Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping."

Share this comment

49 minutes ago, Mr. Mystery said:

I added the mods and posts that I found to my post, but what do you mean about the logs?  Is it the file marked client_log?  Because if it is, then I couldn't find anything about world modification, the closest thing to that was something called "modworldgenmain.lua" that it kept checking for all the mods, but it kept saying "Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping."

Yeah, the file is marked as "client_log.txt" and "server_log.txt" (or something like this, I'm not really good at this since I reinstalled Win10 recently). Also uploading a .dmp file is useful (should be located in the installation directory).

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, Justice_Play said:

Yeah, the file is marked as "client_log.txt" and "server_log.txt" (or something like this, I'm not really good at this since I reinstalled Win10 recently). Also uploading a .dmp file is useful (should be located in the installation directory).

I uploaded the only .dmp file in the don't starve together documents folder I could find, and I also uploaded the server log, I made a new world this morning to check if the rook was still an issue, and so I spawned a rook in, and the game still crashed.  The server log mentions a cutlass supreme mod, but I had that mod disabled for the latest try with the rook, so I didn't include it in the list.  By the bottom of the log, you can see the moment I spawn in the rook, the game just closes, without any apparent cause that I can see, but maybe I just don't know enough about the server log.

Share this comment

I've investigated the server log file and it stated some strange "Realistic Placement" mod, but after investigating the usage of the mod it was stated, that the mod has nothing to do with the issue, but still needs a little checking. Investigating...

Investigation complete. The .dmp file stored this info. The most interesting info is in the end of the dump:

Comment: 'LOGS: 
[00:09:40]: Assert failure 'false && "Invalid shape type!"' at ..\source\game\components\PhysicsComponent.cpp(562): Trace follows...
[00:09:37]: Server Unpaused	
[00:09:37]: SendRemoteExecute(c_spawn("rook"), -278.746063, -246.489746)
[00:09:21]: Server Autopaused	
[00:09:18]: Serializing user: session/7DD23B7CA77343E5/A7IKCOGO58B8/0000000001
[00:09:18]: Deserializing tile data (425 x 425)
[00:09:18]: [TooManyItems] Can not find mod_config_data/toomanyitems_teleport_save_7DD23B7CA77343E5	
[00:09:18]: modimport: ../mods/workshop-881455419/Stringslocalization.lua	
[00:09:14]: Deleting user: session/7DD23B7CA77343E5/A7IKCOGO58B8/0000000001
[00:09:14]: ReceiveResumeNotification
[00:09:14]: Attempting to send resume request
[00:09:12]: Reset() returning

Despite having the Fix for TMI, the cause of the crash is still TMI, I'd assume. Try disabling it and check if this works. Also you have Display Attack Range of the same version BOTH server- and client-side. Try disabling that as well and check if that crashes the game.
EDIT: Actually reproduced your mod scheme and tested the disabling schemes, but I'm completely buffled. It must be a server mod that ruins the fun for you, but I can't tell for sure unless I run tests on Dedicated Server.
EDIT 2: Ran one test on Dedicated server. After game crash server was still up, so that should be some client-side mod, so try disabling those.

Edited by Justice_Play
Advises didn't work. Looking into the issue

Share this comment

On 5/1/2022 at 8:48 PM, Justice_Play said:

I've investigated the server log file and it stated some strange "Realistic Placement" mod, but after investigating the usage of the mod it was stated, that the mod has nothing to do with the issue, but still needs a little checking. Investigating...

Investigation complete. The .dmp file stored this info. The most interesting info is in the end of the dump:

Comment: 'LOGS: 
[00:09:40]: Assert failure 'false && "Invalid shape type!"' at ..\source\game\components\PhysicsComponent.cpp(562): Trace follows...
[00:09:37]: Server Unpaused	
[00:09:37]: SendRemoteExecute(c_spawn("rook"), -278.746063, -246.489746)
[00:09:21]: Server Autopaused	
[00:09:18]: Serializing user: session/7DD23B7CA77343E5/A7IKCOGO58B8/0000000001
[00:09:18]: Deserializing tile data (425 x 425)
[00:09:18]: [TooManyItems] Can not find mod_config_data/toomanyitems_teleport_save_7DD23B7CA77343E5	
[00:09:18]: modimport: ../mods/workshop-881455419/Stringslocalization.lua	
[00:09:14]: Deleting user: session/7DD23B7CA77343E5/A7IKCOGO58B8/0000000001
[00:09:14]: ReceiveResumeNotification
[00:09:14]: Attempting to send resume request
[00:09:12]: Reset() returning

Despite having the Fix for TMI, the cause of the crash is still TMI, I'd assume. Try disabling it and check if this works. Also you have Display Attack Range of the same version BOTH server- and client-side. Try disabling that as well and check if that crashes the game.
EDIT: Actually reproduced your mod scheme and tested the disabling schemes, but I'm completely buffled. It must be a server mod that ruins the fun for you, but I can't tell for sure unless I run tests on Dedicated Server.
EDIT 2: Ran one test on Dedicated server. After game crash server was still up, so that should be some client-side mod, so try disabling those.

I went into a new world without too many items, and it seems like the issue is solved.  I then re-enabled it just to check, but then everything was still fine.  My guess is, and I know this might sound dumb, but too many items trying to save a teleport spot through different worlds?  I almost never use the teleports, apart from when I'm testing things out, but I guess when I disabled it, it cleared the teleport saves or something?  Again, that's just a guess that I'm basing off of what the .dmp file says about the teleport saves.  I'm almost completely sure it did have something to do with the rooks, but now I'm also convinced it had something to do with the teleport saves.  The .dmp file mentions the teleport saves, but also an invalid shape type, so it could be one of them, or both.  Regardless, it seems like everything is all good now, thanks for your help!

Share this comment

Anytime, pal!
Also I'm really into solving other peoples issues thing, so I'm glad I could help. Hope you will have a pleasant time not starving in Don't Starve Together!

Share this comment

I think found a problem, when i closed client mod "DST Where's My Beefalo". All working. Try this.

Edited by MrOwn3D

Share this comment