Refresh Rate Setting has no function

Cliffford W.
  • Pending

I may have reported it already but the refresh rate in DST does absolutely nothing unless you change ingame Resolution and ingame Refresh rate at the same time. That is not case in DS where you just change the ingame refresh rate and it works.

function OptionsScreen:IsGraphicsDirty()

return self.working.display ~= self.options.display or
            self.working.mode_idx ~= self.options.mode_idx or
            self.working.fullscreen ~= self.options.fullscreen or
            self.working.refreshrate ~= self.options.refreshrate -- <-- This is missing

end

Steps to Reproduce

Try to change the game's refresh rate and apply it. Returning to the Graphic and settings show the same refresh rate as it was before you hit apply.

• Like 1

User Feedback

Yes!! I have been experiencing horrendously laggy and low FPS main menu and game for a long time, and for some reason when I opened Windows' Task Manager, the game instantly became buttery smooth (and I could close Task Manager with no ill effect) so I just lived like that.

I thought it was some kinda witchcraft, but it turns out I just had 60Hz refresh rate set in DST options, and have a 144Hz monitor.

Unfortunately changing the refresh rate in DST settings never actually stuck, so I lived with this issue for months, not realising what was going on >.<

Looking up the general topic, I happened to find a Steam page with someone telling us we need to switch to Windowed mode, then select Full Screen Mode AND choose Refresh Rate before Applying, and that will allow the settings to actually save and function correctly, which it did.

Very important bug to fix I think, because it makes the game near unplayable when you have the wrong Refresh Rate as I did, and at first I thought I had already set it and it didn't help lol nope! It just never accepted my graphical settings change to refresh rate only, and that was all I had to do to have a lovely time.. arooo! XD

Share this comment

For anyone having this issue. You need to change your Resolution and Refresh Rate at the same time so for example from 1080p to 720p and change the refresh rate to highest then apply these settings after that change the resolution to what you had before. Now you have DST with high refresh rate.

Share this comment