Raised Smallish Tallbirds don't follow or guard the player.

ALCRD
  • Pending

There is a issue i noticed with Smallish Tallbirds (teen birds)

When they occassionally just stop following or attacking player's targets when you reenter your world or enter caves and go back to surface.

And this is pernament for those Tallbirds affected by this bug.

Steps to Reproduce

-Hatch and raise a Tallbird to their teen stage (Smallish Tallbird)

-Exit and reenter the game or go to caves and go back to surface

-Observe how useless your Smallish Tallbirds are now due to this bug

User Feedback

11 hours ago, Mday said:

I think this is intended. 

It's not and let me explain why:

Tallbirds hatched by player should follow and guard the player in their baby and teen form and ONLY abandon the player after they reached full adulthood. And this works properly if you do it in one sitting (don't reenter the game or enter exit caves) then they will still keep following you properly no matter how far you go and aggroing your targets untill they are fully grown Tallbirds.

However if you reenter the game or enter exit caves while they are still young and following you. There is a chance for their AI to completely break they will sit in one spot where they were last seen all the time , completely ignoring the player even when i'm getting murdered in front of them they don't even flinch. They still however demand food from when i walk nearby and peck at nearby dropped food as long as its not placed too far from them.

The reason why i said "chance" is when testing this multipile times sometimes after reentering the game, young Tallbirds were still following and guarding me properly without this bug happening. This bug happened quite often but not always.

So this is clearly not seem to be working as intended.

As always : I tested all this alone and without any mods installed.

Share this comment