Pipspook toys don't spawn.

penguin0616
  • Closed

Pipspooks (prefab "smallghost") are able to follow Wendy through worldmigrators.

So when Wendy goes down into the caves, her Pipspook comes along.

Because Wendy's OnLoad uses smallghost:LinkToPlayer (prefabs/wendy.lua:194), it bypasses the check for toys in on_begin_quest (prefabs/smallghost:160)

So the ghost kind of just hovers around you until you abandon it. 

I don't know whether the pipspook is supposed to be able to follow her into the caves though.

Please let me know if any further details are required.

Spoiler

It's kind of sad, being a pipspook existing perpetually because the ghost girl who wanted to help you find your toys can't find your toys because you never got any to begin with :(

Steps to Reproduce

Step 1) Find a pipspook

Step 2) Assist it

Step 3) Go into the caves

Step 4) Pipspook will not attempt to lead you in any direction. Checking pipspook property _toys indicates that there are no toys for the pipspook to be found.

User Feedback

So, I did some testing to refresh my knowledge, and I believe this is working as intended.

When you begin to assist a ghost on the surface, their lost toys will spawn on the surface. If you take the Pipspook to the caves, their toys will not travel to the caves with them, as the toys are on the surface. However, if you travel back to the surface, the toys should still be discoverable there. If you find a Pipspook in the caves, and begin helping it there, the reverse should be true.

Pipspooks following players into the caves is also intended.

Please confirm whether this is the behaviour you are seeing or not!

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

Can't believe I forgot to send my reply, and I only just noticed... Terribly sorry about that :( 

Well, here's what I wrote anyway: Confirmed, the behaviour is working as you describe. Thank you!

Edited by penguin0616

Share this comment