Nothing visible except HUD.

Trololarion
  • Pending

Translator. I don’t know if I’m writing to the right section, this is the first time I've been here. Hello Klei, I recently had a problem that arose after reinstalling Windows 10. I’ll say that I had this problem before, but I managed to solve it and this time it doesn’t work. The essence of the problem is that my game is working normally until I enter the world, after that, except for the HUD, nothing is displayed, I hear sounds, I can walk, but I can't see anything. I tried to update the driver, checked the integrity of the cache, installed Don't Starve Together \ VCRedist \ vcredist_x86.exe and Don't Starve Together \ DXRedist \ DXSETUP.exe, also I installed all vcredist since 2005, tried to disable the mods, run it in compatibility mode. In addition, I will say that sometimes when entering some of the inscriptions are invisible and there is a bug that the whole window is drawn black until I change its size.
exemple.png

Steps to Reproduce
Reinstall Windows 10

User Feedback

Hello @Trololarion, welcome to the forums. Are you hosting the server? Or are you joining servers run by other people? On dedicated servers/player-hosted servers? Let me know if the result is the same on all of them.

Also, another method you may want to try (might work, might not... it's a long shot:

• Close DST
  • Go to Documents\Klei
  • Rename DoNotStarveTogether to backup_DoNotStarveTogether
  • Open DST
  • Start or Join a server

Also, since you did a complete reinstall of Windows 10. Did you happen to activate OneNote? Using OneNote messes with the documents folder location and moves them elsewhere that DST cannot see (I'm not sure if this has been fixed). So if you are using OneNote, try and disable it.

If I think of anything else to try, I'll let you know.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @Trololarion, welcome to the forums. Are you hosting the server? Or are you joining servers run by other people? On dedicated servers/player-hosted servers? Let me know if the result is the same on all of them.

Also, another method you may want to try (might work, might not... it's a long shot:

• Close DST
  • Go to Documents\Klei
  • Rename DoNotStarveTogether to backup_DoNotStarveTogether
  • Open DST
  • Start or Join a server

Also, since you did a complete reinstall of Windows 10. Did you happen to activate OneNote? Using OneNote messes with the documents folder location and moves them elsewhere that DST cannot see (I'm not sure if this has been fixed). So if you are using OneNote, try and disable it.

If I think of anything else to try, I'll let you know.

The problem occurs regardless of whether I am a host or not. The way that you suggested worked, but when I reset it all happened again. I tried it again, but now even after deleting the folder, nothing happened. I have deleted OneNote.

Share this comment

@Trololarion Reset? Reset your PC? Or when you started up DST again? When did you delete/disable OneNote? Before or after renaming?

The primary folder for your documents changed if you had OneNote. Disabling it would change the location back. Make sure you are deleting/renaming the correct DoNotStarveTogether folder from your Documents folder.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Zillvr said:

@Trololarion Reset? Reset your PC? Or when you started up DST again? When did you delete/disable OneNote? Before or after renaming?

The primary folder for your documents changed if you had OneNote. Disabling it would change the location back. Make sure you are deleting/renaming the correct DoNotStarveTogether folder from your Documents folder.

1.I rename folder.

2.I started DST and all works.

3.I closed DST.

4.I started DST and this already dont works.

5.I closed DST.

6.I deleted OneNote.

7.I deleted new folder DoNotStarveTogether.

8.I started DST and this already dont works.

9.I closed DST.

Share this comment

@Trololarion could you attach another copy of your client_log.txt file, also I hope you've also tried to restart your PC after all that. Disabling/deleting OneNote may require a full restart to take effect.

Share this comment

exemple.png

40 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

Everything became strange, it seems to be normal at first. I re-enter the game, it seems to work too, I re-enter again and everything is absolutely abnormal!

client_log.txt

Edited by Trololarion

Share this comment

@Trololarion Are you playing DST in an Administrator Windows Account? This could be a permissions issue that the game still can't access or read/write to the game save/settings files. Try and set the game to run as administrator. Browse to Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin and set dontstarve_steam and dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer to run program as administrator. Right click and go to properties and under Compatibility, enable the Run program as administrator.

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@Trololarion Are you playing DST in an Administrator Windows Account? This could be a permissions issue that the game still can't access or read/write to the game save/settings files. Try and set the game to run as administrator. Browse to Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin and set dontstarve_steam and dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer to run program as administrator. Right click and go to properties and under Compatibility, enable the Run program as administrator.

I already do this. 

Share this comment

@Trololarion unsubscribe from all mods. One of the mods you've subscribed to before no longer exists. After unsubscribing, go to Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods and either move all workshop-### folders to a different location or delete them. Then do another verify the integrity of the game cache. After that open DST again and start a server.

Share this comment

24 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@Trololarion unsubscribe from all mods. One of the mods you've subscribed to before no longer exists. After unsubscribing, go to Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods and either move all workshop-### folders to a different location or delete them. Then do another verify the integrity of the game cache. After that open DST again and start a server.

I checked and all the mods are still there in the Steam Workshop, I checked the integrity of the cache, everything is fine.

Share this comment