Not sure if this is a intended mechanic or not, but crops seem to come back as a sprout, shortly after they rot from not being harvest.

Noah Shakur
  • Pending

Here's some context: I was playing by myself as Wigfrid, and I decided to one day put together a small garden for my base, in hopes to get a tomato for one of her stagecraft songs. After I successfully harvest the tomato I needed, I had no intentions to pluck the other crops that have grown along side it, which they of course eventually rot. When winter finally hits, I later realized that my earlier crops turn right back into a healthy sprout, and were still growing without my involvement, despite them all "dying" not long ago. Oh, and another thing to note, they appear to be suck in a cycle of death and resurrection, as this was still the case even past winter. I'm very unsure on what to make of this. On one hand, It could be a deliberate feature that's supposed to give players more freedom to do unrelated plant things, and the wiki just failed to point out it's existence. But on the other hand, I'm split in thinking this is a bug or a hidden mechanic, so that's why I've decided to post this here.      

Steps to Reproduce

It's quite simple to do, make your own garden with some seeds in hand, and plant them. After they've grown to be ripe for the picking, just ignore them so they can rot, then check up on them again about a couple of minutes or so to see they've turn into a sprout. 

User Feedback

It's intended, the crops have a cycle that go back to seeds after they die, only for normal crops not the giants 

• Like 1

Share this comment