No Audio on Start up - Resets to 0

whintyr
  • Pending

When I try to open the game, I get no audio. Go to Options, all audio settings are at 0. Changing these values immediately resets to 0 again after I hit apply and never results in audio. 

Steps to Reproduce
Trying to start the game. Everything seems to be working but no sound at all.

User Feedback

Hello @whintyr, welcome to the forums.

Have you tried manually setting the settings by going to this location Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether OR Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta (if you're playing on the anewreignbeta branch) and right click client.ini and edit with notepad, at the bottom of the text would be the audio settings. Try tweaking those and then start up DST again, but be sure to have DST closed before you edit the file.

Cheers.

Share this comment

In addition to what Zillvr has provided, please ensure that your audio drivers have been updated to the latest version. Out-of-date drivers may cause issues with various software.

Also, it may also be that any change to your option settings are not saved due to your Windows User Account not having the proper administrative permissions. Here's how to check: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-check-if-your-windows-10-account-is-administrator/

Share this comment