My mods cant update

kmskmichael
  • Known Issue

My mods can't update when I press the update key. I tried to reinstall the game and also resubscribe my mods but they appear to be like workshop-######## and don't update...... what can I do?

2017-02-24.png

Steps to Reproduce
I don't know

User Feedback

Thanks for reporting the issue, it's something we've been trying to track down for awhile now. The cause of the issue appears to be that the permissions for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods directory gets messed up somehow and the game is no longer able to fully modify it.

I assume you are on Windows 10? I suspect that the issue is related to a recent Windows 10 update, but I'm not sure how yet.

Can you try going into the Advanced Security Settings for the mods directory itself, and giving yourself Ownership and permission to Everyone modify the directory and all children directories?

This link should walk you through any steps that aren't clear. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-failed-to-enumerate-objects-in-the-container

To be clear, I mean the root mods folder itself.
permissions.PNG
Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you, as it will help us track down the underlying cause of it. Thanks!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Thanks for the help, but I have already used safe mode to delete the old bug mods already which was successful. And I have done what you tell me to after that which I hope it will stop the bug appearing again.:D

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hey PeterA. I forgot to mention in my old bug report but I did try to follow the solution contained in that link back at that time (before submitting my report) but it did not fix my problem. I made sure to redo the steps a few times but without success since the mods folder wasn't deleting and neither did the mods update ingame after applying the changes, therefor the permission changing did not do the trick for me.

I am still using the solution of having Steam installed on 2 different partitions with the game libraries in different directories.

Edited by t1morino88eex

Share this comment