Mods are loaded and disappear from the list of mods

EvgeniySah
  • Pending

User Feedback

I am having this issue also :(

The mod's were previously working only the other day.

Edited by xx_Chiyo
  • Sad 2

Share this comment

I'm having the same issue, and more particularly with the wormhole marks mod. Idk why, I have tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling steam, making sure to delete my cached_mods and steam workshop folders, I also made sure DST is not being filtered through my antivirus and is running as administrator. At this point i think it might be the mods that have the issue?  I have no idea what else I could do

Share this comment

Same problem, we were playing yesterday, no problem (as usual). And just now we can't use our favorite mods...

PS : I tried everything : uninstalling AND removing all the files on my computer (in steam folder, and saves), then installing. Same problem with same mods.

Edited by Anomage
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Hi all. As a temporary solution, I can advise you to use the local "mod" folder. That is, you will need to download the mod that you have "broken" and put it in the "mod" folder in the root folder of the game. I checked, it worked for me. I had the same problem in another game and there I was able to simplify it by moving mods from the workshop folder itself, but it didn't work with DST (because mods seem to be completely broken).
P.S. I used google translator, there may be errors.
P.S.2. Maybe someone will help.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I also encountered the same problem. Some of my mods were downloaded repeatedly and disappeared quickly after being displayed for a few seconds, which led to a crash of my long-term archive. I also found the same mod problem on my friend's computer.(From translation, please correct any errors)

Share this comment

This week, the game periodically crashes every other time when loading the world, but today, after the Steam update closer to 10 GMT, the mods began to behave inappropriately. Most of it is gone, it's impossible to download new ones

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Elfrey said:

Hi all. As a temporary solution, I can advise you to use the local "mod" folder. That is, you will need to download the mod that you have "broken" and put it in the "mod" folder in the root folder of the game. I checked, it worked for me. I had the same problem in another game and there I was able to simplify it by moving mods from the workshop folder itself, but it didn't work with DST (because mods seem to be completely broken).
P.S. I used google translator, there may be errors.
P.S.2. Maybe someone will help.

So, your solution helped, mods can be used in new wolds, but, whether this would help to load old saves without loss of data?

Share this comment

20 hours ago, thefourthprogenitor said:

I'm having the same issue, and more particularly with the wormhole marks mod. Idk why, I have tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling steam, making sure to delete my cached_mods and steam workshop folders, I also made sure DST is not being filtered through my antivirus and is running as administrator. At this point i think it might be the mods that have the issue?  I have no idea what else I could do

• You can try turning off the steam test activity.

I fixed it after I changed it, but it's been happening again lately whether it's changing the steam test event or not.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, xx_Chiyo said:

Someone posted a temporary fix on steam forums, it worked for me :)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/322330/discussions/0/3542672490601171174/

This solution worked for me. Basically, you have to try to find what is the workshop ID for the mod. It's easier if you unsubscribe from all existing mods and subscribe one by one so you can see what folder appears.
Current mods are in C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330
Find the mod you need (the folders are named with the workshop ID). Open the folder, open the legacy.bin file with a RAR program, extract, put all extracted files into a folder named "workshop-(ID)". Right click the folder, check "read only" and then in the next window that appears, choose "apply to all files and subfolders", click ok, delete the legacy.bin file and the folder that it was in. Move the "workshop-(ID)" folder to  C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods

• Like 1

Share this comment