Mod download but immediate disappeared in the mod list.

F1ame12
  • Pending

im not sure is it a bug or just my local pc problem. some mod can download but i can't find it in the mod list. some error can be found in the log like "ModQuery failed to get mod details with index: XX", i don't really know what is happened here....i have try redownload all mods many times but can not fix this.

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

1. open game

2. update mods

3. some mod download but not show in the list

4. redownload all mod still not fix this bug

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

User Feedback

Should help exiting the Steam beta testing program by:
steam -> settings -> account -> beta participation: none

Społeczność Steam :: Poradnik :: Opting In and Out of Steam Client and  Product Betas

Share this comment

I have the same issue. The folders (of mods) in \SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\322330\ appear to be read-only. I am using the beta Steam client. Making the directory of one of the legacy mods that fail to load not read-only, unsubscribing and resubscribing to the mod, and restarting DST, the directory is made read-only again (and the mod still does not load).

Is this an issue where the Steam beta client does not allow modification of workshop mods after download (by the game)?

Share this comment

I can't access the folders in the steam/common folder because they only stay for maybe one second before disappearing. They are set to read only though.

On 11/16/2022 at 5:42 PM, Grylix said:

Should help exiting the Steam beta testing program by:
steam -> settings -> account -> beta participation: none

It is happening to those of us not using the beta as well now

Edited by Mom2bljw

Share this comment

On 11/8/2022 at 3:23 AM, Lisakin said:

Yes, you were right. Those mods will download in Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods, so, to everybody with the same problem (legacy mods won't download): you'll need to unarchive .bin file from Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330 folder into \common\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-idnumber, where idnumber is the ID of that exact mod. Examples, on how you want your folders to look like: Pic1 - mods folder with Display Attack Range and Moving Box mods; Pic2 - Display Attack Range folder. You then should set all workshop-idnumber folders to read only (with files and folders inside), so the game won't delete it and it should fix it.

изображение_2022-11-08_132255617.png

изображение_2022-11-08_132302286.png

I see the .bin files in the  Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330 folder. I don't know how to unarchive them though. Do I need to copy and paste them somewhere? Do I have to change something in the properties tab?

Share this comment

auto re-download mod issue..... godD 

even different computer.. mod auto downloaded what I UNsubscribe

WTH... steam app archive have problem

Share this comment