Merms in Craftmerm House and Mermguards won't spawn if no Wurt exists in the world

cean
  • Pending

If no Wurt exists in the world, Merms in Craftmerm House and Mermguard won't spawn if they die, even when merm king exists. This is quite inconvenient since other players may want to disguise and trade with the merm king/make a merm army.

image.png.94542d545bb8da32562d06a48f4cc39a.png

Update: Can't reproduce now.

Steps to Reproduce
Build some Merm Forts and Craftmerm Houses. Switch to another character and kill all of the merms. They don't respawn.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

12 hours ago, lakhnish said:

I wasn't able to reproduce this. It seems to be working fine for me.

I can't reproduce this today. I don't know what happened in the previous test, but I did see merms hide in their house in a server, where they never come out unless you burn their house. I wonder what caused that...

Share this comment

12 hours ago, cean said:

I can't reproduce this today. I don't know what happened in the previous test, but I did see merms hide in their house in a server, where they never come out unless you burn their house. I wonder what caused that...

Ah, by chance, were you doing this during Winter? The color cubes of the picture and your comment of having to burn the house sugggests that.

If so, Merms don't get pushed out of their homes during Winter. A similar thing happens for Merm Guards (it was either they respawn every 6 days or they get pushed out every 6 days. I can't remember.)

Share this comment

12 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Ah, by chance, were you doing this during Winter? The color cubes of the picture and your comment of having to burn the house sugggests that.

If so, Merms don't get pushed out of their homes during Winter. A similar thing happens for Merm Guards (it was either they respawn every 6 days or they get pushed out every 6 days. I can't remember.)

I disabled the seasonal colour filter so I can't clearly remember if it happened in winter. But the picture I uploaded was clipped from my host server, and I skipped over 80 days for testing. Anyway, the merms respawn and get out of their house now.

Share this comment