Left Click causes Star Caller's Staff to cast 2nd Dwarf Star in exact same spot

null value
  • Pending

If you equip a Star Caller's Staff and cast a Dwarf Star with Right Click, swap weapons, then press Left Click, your character will automatically swap back to the Star Caller's Staff and cast a 2nd Dwarf Star in the exact same location as the 1st Dwarf Star.

Steps to Reproduce

The Setup

1. Craft and equip a Star Caller's Staff.
  2. Craft any other weapon (such as a Walking Cane) and place it in inventory slot 1.
  3. Run this code inside the DST console:
pc = ThePlayer.components.playercontroller 
pcOnLeftClick = pc.OnLeftClick 
pc.OnLeftClick = function(self, down) 
 if TheInput:IsKeyDown(KEY_LSHIFT) then return end 
 pcOnLeftClick(self, down) 
end

This code is basically just a simple way to disable Left Click to Walk while Shift is held down.

The Steps

1. Right Click with the Star Caller's Staff to summon a Dwarf Star on the field.
  2. Press 1 to swap to the other weapon (Walking Cane).
  3. Press Shift + Left Click on the field.

Actual Result

Your character will re-equip the Star Caller's Staff, then cast a 2nd Dwarf Star in the exact same location as the 1st Dwarf Star (no matter where your current mouse cursor was).

Expected Result

For nothing to happen. For Left Click to not cause the last action to be repeated.

Why This Matters

Normally Left Click to Walk would override this bug. However, there are mods (such as ActionQueue Reborn and Advanced Controls) that specifically disable Left Click actions with a modifier key (Shift) to allow other actions. So Left Click causing the client to repeat the last action is quite unexpected.

• Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1

User Feedback

I noticed a similar issue, and I guess it is because the same reason. When I was farming shroom skin, I used green staff to deconstruct spore sacs. To get even more skin, I had to pick up the canary ASAP otherwise it would flee with several feathers left on ground. However, when I left clicked the canary on ground right after the deconstruction of a spore sac, instead of walking towards and pick up it or a character commence “I can’t do that” indicating a failed attempt, the character casts the green staff a second time on spore sacs instead. This is rather annoying since I have to waste 2 canaries continuously, which could be otherwise utilized in duplicating even more shroom skins.

• Sad 1

Share this comment

I run into this issue with the Lazy Explorer quite often. After a teleport, equip mining pick, shift left click and then all of a sudden my character is trying to teleport back to where I already teleported to.

This issue started with the March QoL patch.

Share this comment

This same thing has been happening quite often to me. I always have my light source on the same slot (3), and when I'm holding my light source (ex. torch) and then shift click anywhere, it swaps the item in my hand, then the character starts walking toward where I clicked. I use the mod, Action Queue RBW except, this happens even without any mods enabled.

Similarly, if I am lighting something on fire with a torch, like trees, then change to another tool like an axe, then shift click anywhere, the game swaps back to the torch, and attempts to do the same action, i.e. light the same tree on fire. This is the key to the bug, IMO. It tries to do the same action that was previously taken before the shift click. This is why you get multiple casts with staves, as well.

Share this comment