Language Change Crush

rhein09
  • Fixed

Hi,

The game crush after I change my language from English to Simplified Chinese. Is there a way to reset language to English?

Thanks!

dontstarvetogether.png

Steps to Reproduce

settings -> language -> simplified chinese -> "yes, I would like to change my language" -> crush

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

If you delete your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\profile file, that'll wipe the language setting, but also your other options. If you don't want to lose your other settings, can you post your client_log.txt after it crashes and we can try to see what the underlying issue is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

4 hours ago, PeterA said:

If you delete your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\profile file, that'll wipe the language setting, but also your other options. If you don't want to lose your other settings, can you post your client_log.txt after it crashes and we can try to see what the underlying issue is.

I have posted a bug report on this a few weeks ago. It's related to "help text" for controller missing translation.

To reproduce,  you have to set your  Steam language to Simplified Chinese, 

plug in a gamepad ( Or use virtual game PAD such as remote play from steam link, etc. )

then launch DST,  the pop up asking if you want to set language to Chinese will crash from missing strings.

Share this comment

With some digging up I think I found the problem:

It's missing Simplified Chinese quotes in "strings_pretranslated.lua"

You simply need to add

[_LANGUAGE.CHINESE_S] = "是",

after line 93, and 

[_LANGUAGE.CHINESE_S] = "否",

after line 108.

1930346789_(1028).thumb.png.1244dccc11916d0625cc97c4d5992300.png

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment