LAN mode unable to display active servers when browsing game

thewalkingcamel
  • Pending

As the title suggests, when trying to browse game under LAN mode, no LAN-only servers can show up in the list despite the server running flawlessly and can be accessed through the command "c_connect("127.0.0.1")"

Steps to Reproduce

Step 1. start up a LAN-only server and run it through scripts

Step 2. try to search this server under LAN mode

Step 3. no results

User Feedback

I assume if you're connecting to 127.0.0.1 that you're running a local dedicated server? I haven't been able to reproduce this issue yet, could you share your command line parameters? And the logs from your server cluster?

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

@PeterA Yes, I am running a local dedicated server. Since searching it via Browse Games failed I connected it through the command line "c_connect("127.0.0.1")". I just ran this server for a while and here are my server cluster logs. Master:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NShv6vNV5PNgHU5S9FJo2-tu2fiasHyp/view?usp=sharing  Caves:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1STEi9vIU1g2heta2XxZ9nvJxSKxU_-do/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Share this comment

18 hours ago, thewalkingcamel said:

"c_connect("127.0.0.1")". I just ran this server for a while and here are my server cluster logs. Master:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NShv6vNV5PNgHU5S9FJo2-tu2fiasHyp/view?usp=sharing 

Hmm, I took a look through the logs and it looks users were connecting to the server. Was that you connecting via c_connect?

You might want to try running in administrator mode, and disabling any anti virus/spyware to test as well.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

7 hours ago, PeterA said:

Hmm, I took a look through the logs and it looks users were connecting to the server. Was that you connecting via c_connect?

You might want to try running in administrator mode, and disabling any anti virus/spyware to test as well.

@PeterA yes it was me.

I tried running my server on administrator mode and disabling Windows Defender (my operating system is Windows 10) as well as other third-party anti-virus applications yet the results remain the same. :( BTW my Browse Game function in LAN mode always worked fine even if I didn't follow these suggested adjustments before this QOL release.

I wonder if it's related to my region? I am currently in China and it looks like my game got automatically registered in Singapore. I know other people with same region conditions having this problem as well, and I've just browsed through DST Bug Tracker section, I think I can resonably guess that nearly all people reported this issue are under same or at least similar region conditions. Could this be a cause?

Edited by thewalkingcamel

Share this comment

On 4/2/2022 at 9:13 AM, thewalkingcamel said:

@PeterA yes it was me.

I tried running my server on administrator mode and disabling Windows Defender (my operating system is Windows 10) as well as other third-party anti-virus applications yet the results remain the same. :( BTW my Browse Game function in LAN mode always worked fine even if I didn't follow these suggested adjustments before this QOL release.

I wonder if it's related to my region? I am currently in China and it looks like my game got automatically registered in Singapore. I know other people with same region conditions having this problem as well, and I've just browsed through DST Bug Tracker section, I think I can resonably guess that nearly all people reported this issue are under same or at least similar region conditions. Could this be a cause?

@PeterAHi and sorry to bother you again, I see that this browsing issue still occurs to me in update 505508, how's your team's progress? Can my region be a possible cause?

Share this comment

On 4/29/2022 at 8:45 AM, thewalkingcamel said:

Hi and sorry to bother you again, I see that this browsing issue still occurs to me in update 505508, how's your team's progress? Can my region be a possible cause?

Heya, I don't suspect your region is the cause of this. We're still investigating, but haven't come to any discoveries yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hi, I just tested and only offline_cluster = true in the cluster.ini can search for local dedicated servers in the LAN filter.

1697411638_FoundinLANfiltering.thumb.png.08c6083f48c4a2efb7d97e94de4a1fbc.png

The server_log shows the following log.

158581266_partofserver_log.png.427daf4a7d81d058d4ed79fd7a329986.png

Probably the following two changes regarding DNS updates.

[Game Update] - 497296
Lobby region registration is now determined by geo DNS.

[Game Update] - 499972
Other Changes:
Changed host server registration to use geo DNS and fixed region migration in the case of service outages.

Hope to help you locate the problem as soon as possible. @PeterA 

Share this comment

15 hours ago, PeterA said:

Heya, I don't suspect your region is the cause of this. We're still investigating, but haven't come to any discoveries yet.

looking forward for any progress :D

Share this comment