Laggy movement

VaqueiroPelado
  • Pending

I noticed that whenever I host a world or enter a server with caves enabled my character presents with flickery and laggy movement. The issue seems to be somewhat resolved if I enable lag compensation, but that was never needed before. Any other setting doesn't seem to have any effect. 
I've checked my internet connection and can confirm it is working fine. 
For some reason this started happening after I upgraded my PC, and both the old and the new hardware are well above the recommended specs. 

In the video, it is possible to see my character flickering when I'm walking to the right.

User Feedback

You don't have to play with lag compensation turned on? Lucky.
But that flickering is probably latency between you and the server, it's based on internet connectivity in addition to your hardware components.

Edited by penguin0616

Share this comment

Well, I never used to play with it on and never had any issues. 
That flickering happens whether I'm hosting or joining external servers. The clip show it happening while I'm hosting the server.
I play on a 100Mbps connection and my PC specs are:
Ryzen 3700X
RTX 2070
16GB RAM

Share this comment

This is not really a bug. When you launch a server without caves it launches a server inside your game, so you have a 0 ping. But when you launch a server with caves enabled, the game launches a dedicated server on your machine and your ping becomes something around 10 ms.
If you disable lag compenstation, you'll see where's you player at atm on the server, where enabled lag compensation lets you to mimic your movement on client without any latency.

Edited by Cunning fox
  • Sanity 1

Share this comment

19 hours ago, Cunning fox said:

This is not really a bug. When you launch a server without caves it launches a server inside your game, so you have a 0 ping. But when you launch a server with caves enabled, the game launches a dedicated server on your machine and your ping becomes something around 10 ms.
If you disable lag compenstation, you'll see where's you player at atm on the server, where enabled lag compensation lets you to mimic your movement on client without any latency.

I used to play this game very often. Mainly before "Return of Them" started. Hosted my own world with caves, without lag compensation... never had any issues. Maybe something about the DLC made the game slower...
Is there any way to reduce that latency without turning on lag compensation?

Share this comment