Hitting containers with Hammer or Meteor etc..

haywardGB
  • Closed

Happening on every server I try, with or without mods.

When a player hits a chest with a hammer, the contents drop out onto the floor.

This also happens if a meteor hits the container too. 

Anyone else able to replicate this ? 

Steps to Reproduce
Grab a hammer, fill a chest with "stuff" and hit it once.

User Feedback

@haywardGB this is intentional. I believe it's for easily clearing out chests when you are renovating your base or moving stuff around. This is also implemented in Don't Starve Vanilla, RoG, SW.

Cheers.  

Share this comment

Just now, Zillvr said:

@haywardGB this is intentional. I believe it's for easily clearing out chests when you are renovating your base or moving stuff around. This is also implemented in Don't Starve Vanilla, RoG, SW.

Cheers.  

Oh right, that sounds illogical to me though. It would make more sense for items to spill out when the container is destroyed, there would be no difference in effort for the user to smash it a few more times if that's what the desired effect was. 

It's mad. Because you have these mods that protect chests from being opened, but all you have to do is hit it once with a hammer and you get the loot anyway. Would be nice to get an option of enabling or disabling this feature.

I had one of those 80 slot storage  cellars full . A meteor clipped it , didn't even hit square on and all my stuff (hundreds of items) spewed everywhere. lol. I didn't clean it up, I just quit and made a cup of tea! :)

Thanks for you reply Zillvr :D

Share this comment

@haywardGB but sometimes, you already have the chests lined up properly and only want to take out the items and sort through them without having to spend another board remaking each chest you tore down. With regards to the chest protection mods, you probably just need to suggest that to the mod creator directly for that kind of option if you want to really keep the items away from other players. 

For meteor strikes, that falls under human error though. You're not suppose to camp too close to the meteor prone areas. lol. 

Regardless, I do believe that the storage cellars mod has the ability to make them invunerable to meteors or hammers in their configuration's options. Good luck and have fun, cheers.

Share this comment

Yeah, rookie mistake building my camp next to A) a meteor strike hotspot and B) a cave opening that had me attacked by bats every evening :) .... 

Even with storeroom cellar protection on, the gear spews out. I've mentioned it to the dev of that mod and we'll see how it goes. 

Share this comment