Heatrock/thermal stone can be sewn to repair its durability

CarlZalph
  • Pending

The heatrock prefab is missing:

inst.components.fueld.no_sewing = true

Which allows it to be sewn together with a sewing kit.

As noted from thread:

Steps to Reproduce
Get a non-perfect thermal stone in durability and use a repair kit on it.

User Feedback

8 hours ago, jantonio said:

i like this......"bug"?, not such a waste on the rocks and flint.

Now to wait for them to say if this was intentional or not.

• Like 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Mudley said:

Now to wait for them to say if this was intentional or not.

Judging from the code I would say the intent wasn't to have it do this but was an accidental forgot-to-copy-this-line scenario.

However, from a balance perspective I'd say being able to magically sew heatrocks back together isn't so overpowered.

The thermal stones are cheap to make, and they're expected to lose durability if you reuse the same stone for all seasons during temperature switches.

I'd be leaning to the camp of this being okay to have, but would like an official word weigh in on the matter as it might not be entirely intended to function as such.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 3/21/2017 at 1:22 AM, CarlZalph said:

Judging from the code I would say the intent wasn't to have it do this but was an accidental forgot-to-copy-this-line scenario.

However, from a balance perspective I'd say being able to magically sew heatrocks back together isn't so overpowered.

The thermal stones are cheap to make, and they're expected to lose durability if you reuse the same stone for all seasons during temperature switches.

I'd be leaning to the camp of this being okay to have, but would like an official word weigh in on the matter as it might not be entirely intended to function as such.

come on all bugs have to die right whether they are okay or not to have make up ya mind

then you could just not report it... but that isnt the point of this response

reason why it is sewable is cause it falls under the criteria of sewable objects  1 having durability and 2 not being an armor light or usuable hence why it can be sewn.

if we are going by anything stones should not break since thats how they were initially

Edited by EsaiXD

Share this comment

17 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

come on all bugs have to die right whether they are okay or not to have make up ya mind

then you could just not report it...

I never stated that this was a bug, but it would be classified as such if the devs did not intend for it to happen.

Hence why there's this report here to bring it to their attention asking for clarification.

If it gets patched out, then it was a bug.  Otherwise it wasn't a bug and this would be a closed bug report thread.

I've added my personal opinion on the matter to hopefully stir some internal discussion there at Klei to help with the classification.

As for not reporting bugs I won't stop that- bugs are bugs and should be fixed; my mind is set on this.

reason why it is sewable is cause it falls under the criteria of sewable objects  1 having durability and 2 not being an armor light or usuable hence why it can be sewn.

Yes, I'm familiar as to why it happens and that's where there's the line of code in the report on how they'd fix it if it were deemed a bug.

if we are going by anything stones should not break since thats how they were initially

Which was changed for some reason in DST, for better or for worse.

A mod if you don't like the changes made: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=466732225

Edited by CarlZalph
Added workshop link

Share this comment