Health constantly dropping over time

jtellez14
  • Closed

I was playing DST with a friend and he noticed his health constantly dropping. Both of us have played for years and know of all the mechanics (freezing, hunger, etc) that could cause a decrease in health, and none of them applied. He is Wolfgang and was at full hunger, and we are playing in the Spring currently. His health is flashing even though it is halfway, and every few seconds it decreased by 1 point. I remember seeing this problem months and months ago but don't remember if it went away or not, and it seems like other people have this problem, too (here on steamanother on steam, and here on the forums) with no solution.

Steps to Reproduce
Going to try relogging, hopefully that fixes the issue. Need to stop playing for the day but I'll try tomorrow.

User Feedback

This is part of Wolfgang's mechanics.  When he is either mighty or wimpy, his health will constantly scale with his hunger.  For example, if he is at 50% health, as he loses hunger rapidly in mighty form, his max health will also drop, therefore his current health must drop to maintain 50%.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, V2C said:

This is part of Wolfgang's mechanics.  When he is either mighty or wimpy, his health will constantly scale with his hunger.  For example, if he is at 50% health, as he loses hunger rapidly in mighty form, his max health will also drop, therefore his current health must drop to maintain 50%.

Okay this kind of makes sense. So the health will continue to drop until the minimum health limit is achieved, and the health itself is 50% of that? Also, I guess since it's more of a mechanic, shouldn't it not be so visible (or rather not have the "health loss" sound)? It just seems like a punishment/fault rather than a mechanic, since all you see is health dropping slowly.

Share this comment

you mention the "hurt sound", it should not play that sound.
so obviously there are more than one user that has this problem. The last report of this has status "can't reproduce"

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Serpens said:

you mention the "hurt sound", it should not play that sound.
so obviously there are more than one user that has this problem. The last report of this has status "can't reproduce"

So is this more of an issue than a mechanic? So the functionality is intended, but the way it's portrayed is not how it should be, am I correct?

Share this comment

decreasing/raising health with hunger is intended. But it should not make the hurt sound.
I'm playing the "non-Beta" version, and here is no hurt sound, like it should be.

Share this comment