Game won't start

Vordis
  • Pending

Not really a bug I think, but since the YotP update the game won't start anymore. I managed to open it once, but after that there's no way to make it work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, veryfing the files, updating drivers as well as using old drivers... nothing worked. All I get is a glimpse of the game window which closes itself after less than a second without even giving an error.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Steps to Reproduce
Starting the game

User Feedback

@Arishia - Please see our troubleshooting guide for the Error During Initialization issue. Should the issue persist after following the troubleshooting steps in the link, try changing your GPU's default resolution to 1920x1080 as it is currently trying to launch the game in an unsupported resolution, which is causing the crash.

@Vordis - Checking your log, it looks like the issue is being caused by your DST profile file being corrupted. Please go into your documents folder at \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\ and delete the file called "profile". From there try launching the game once more.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment