Game wont launch if 64 bit is selected

sasuken
  • Closed

Game wont launch if 64 bit is selected. 32 Bit is working fine. I have a ryzen 5 2600 and a GTX 1650 , 16gb ram and 64 bit win 10 OS.
I'm definitely sure it isn't about my hardware. I tried to uninstall both steam and the game. The problem still persists. The client_log.txt  is not being updated when launching the 64 Bit version

Steps to Reproduce

Just run the 64 bit option

• Like 1

User Feedback

@ScottHansen Thanks for your reply.

Let me clarify the issue. I cannot launch the 64-bit version. 32-bit works fine, logs are being generated.
I believe I am having the same issue with this one
Homescreen shortcut not working, 64 bit not launching - Don't Starve Together - Klei Entertainment Forums

Right click steam from system tray > launch down starve together -> will not work because I believe 64 bit is the default
You can only run DST if you open steam>library>play>select 32 bit version

I did turn off the ransomware in the windows settings before posting the issue. I also turned off the Virus Protection and problem still persists.

@ScottHansen I did found the issue.

Today my PC got updated to Windows 11. I just download the NVDIA Experience App and saw that there is a newer version of the Driver. I run the game from Nvidia's Games & Apps tab. DST 64 is now starting. I guess the issue is the OS/Driver update. Thanks for giving the link I realized my GPU driver must be compatible to win 11. Thank you!

Edited by sasuken

Share this comment