Game crashes on startup if controller is connected (Ubuntu)

Electroely
  • Pending

I've been trying to play the game on my Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS laptop using a wireless controller. The game closes after the initial loading screen if a controller is connected. I'm not sure why. The logs don't show any problem (they cut off unexpectedly after checks for read & write access, which it says true for both).

Some google searches led me to this topic and, launching Steam with this terminal command: "force_s3tc_enable=true steam", it says "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" after the final lines the log shows.

Also important to note that this occurs with all controllers I've tried, both wired and wireless. Don't Starve (the singleplayer version) works fine. I can start it up with my controller connected and it actually detects it and works as expected. I've tried reinstalling Don't Starve Together but that didn't fix it.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Connect controller 2. Launch Don't Starve Together

User Feedback

Yes, there were changes necessary to the controller handling on OSX, it seems something has accidentally made it's way into the Linux version, I'm going to have to investigate this.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment