Flingomatic fails to protect berry bushes from wilting in summer

myxal
  • Pending

I have a berry bush farm about 2-3 screens away from my base's main area. During summer, even when I remember to return to refill the flingomatics, I occasionally witness that the berry bushes are either wilted, or don't have berries and won't have them for 5 days (as shown by ShowMe mod).

I have had a similar problem with farms (I haven't used them since, and I think the issue happened after spendin time in a different location, but which was about the same distance away from the farms, as the base central area is from the berry bushes now. A forum user has suspected this might have something to do with object pop-out/in. (See link)

Session save provided - this was just before I approched the berry bushes after returning to base.

Layout (currently standing right in the base's central area, berry farm with toothtraps on the right, next to beeboxes):

20170426205040_1.jpg

20170501203109_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Uncertain - use base layout as in provided savefile, top up the flingo, spend some time (3 seg) in the main area, then leave for ~2 days. Alternatively, after refuleing flingo go to beefallo pen, spend 2 segments there (repairing licks), go to central area to fetch the rider, return to bushes to find them withered.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Just to make sure it is a bug:
1) are you sure they are within range of flingo?
2) when you pick a berry from a bush x times, it also get withered, regardless of season or flingo.

Share this comment

If you look closely, you can see a snowball flying towards the bushes on the left, and another one having just landed at the bushes on the right. I believe that answers both of your questions  :) (pretty sure fertilizer-exhausted bushes aren't targeted by flingo, not to mention I would know about unfertilised bushes, as I'm playing solo and all the bushes are protected against gobblers)

Share this comment

I've had the same problem.

This bug has been already reported here

Edited by waw

Share this comment