Fast auto attack not working

CARLOSEVT
  • Fixed

Before i was able to keep F to auto attack fast but now to do it I have to keep pressing F over and over, my character attacks so slow now. For example, I maintain F press and the character, attacks, waits like 1 second and then attacks again. Before it would just constantly attack. 

In case I was not so clear.

My character with a Dark sword before was able to land around 2 or 3 hits with my just having F press, but now If I keep F press the character takes a couple of seconds to attack again, if I want it to attack fast I have to keep pressing F over and over. 

Steps to Reproduce

I was just playing when I notice the attack mechanic had change or was defective, I would like to know if this was an intentional change or if this is a issue with the game. It's really annoying fighting like that. I keep taking damage that I would not be taking before. It has really affe ted my play style.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Please close DST and validate the game files via Steam.
If it still happens, are you playing with caves enabled or not? and do you have Lag Compensation set to Predictive or None?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

This happens to me too but on Xbox, also with it spamming x doesn’t work eaither it just attacks th te same slow rate

• Like 2

Share this comment

7 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Please close DST and validate the game files via Steam.
If it still happens, are you playing with caves enabled or not? and do you have Lag Compensation set to Predictive or None?

The game is back to normal now, the attack speed is back to normal. Thank you very much for helping me. 

Share this comment

Hello I'm currently have the same issue as carlosevt, I'm playing on ps4 fyi in case u that helps, just to specify, unable to spam attack.

Share this comment

Hey there i got the same issue with all my worlds (all different kinds of settings, including vanilla) on PS5. I cant auto attack. and if i single attack it takes double the time to actually do the attack. i usually play on lag compensation set to „none“. now if i set it to „predictive“ i can auto attack properly. I guess the bug has something to do with lag comp set to none. would really appreciate it if you guys could fix that one cause  lag comp set to predictive has too many downsides. would be awesome to hear from you about this issue. Thx in advance. 

Share this comment