eyeturrets aren't considered when selecting klaus_sack spawn location

chaosmonkey
  • Pending

The Houndius Shootius (eyeturret prefab) isn't tagged with "structure". This has the effect that it's not considered when doing the klaussackspawner:SpawnKlausSack routine, and klaus_sack can spawn completely blocked (unreachable by player) in the middle of eyeturrets. That is, the eyeturrets aren't destroyed when the klaus_sack spawns on top of them (or in the middle of them).

The expected behavior is that the klaus_sack would not spawn on a tile blocked by eyeturrets when other tiles are empty with no structures nearby.

Tagging it with "structure" presumably has some other ramifications regarding giants being able to walk through it. My guess is that a fix would involve updating the SpawnKlausSack routine to also consider eyeturret in addition to entities tagged as "structure".

Steps to Reproduce

Can read the code to confirm. To test in a game, perform the following:

1. c_gonext("deerspawningground")

2. Build 4 eye turrets to completely cover the tile

3. Do this for every deerspawningground except for 1

4. c_skip(30)

5. Observe that the klaus sack probably spawned in the middle of eye turrets, and that if they were place properly, the klaus sack can't be reached by the player

• Like 1

User Feedback

You can kill eyeturret to reach the klaus sack.
Eyeturret are not indestructable.
If you want the least destructive way to kill one eye turret witthout worrying about other 3 attack each other, use 5~6 gunpowder on one of them, that point 3 eyeturret still alive and you can reach klaus sack.

Edited by Tranoze

Share this comment

Thanks for the advice. I'm not having an issue reaching the sack; it's just that the behavior is inconsistent with other structures / structure-like entities, and I think the behavior should match.

Share this comment