don't starve together

PABLO90179017
  • Pending

i just bought dst from steam. after installation can't seem to run it. when i click on play it shows a "launching game tab" for 3 seconds. then............ nothing happens. everytime i click on play the same thing happens . i've tried:

1-reinstalling the game

2-going into local files and changing the compatibility of "dontstarve_steam" and "dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer" to windows 7

3-verifying integrity of game files

i tried to run the game from it local files but got this error

Capture.PNG.fc381d731d494e30a37a0dc8c30dc7a7.PNG

my pc spec are : intel core 2 duo e7500, 4gb ram, windows 7 64bit, gpu: intel Q44/Q45 express chipset (64mb vram)

pls help me. i hope for a good response

Steps to Reproduce

:wilson_cry:

User Feedback

The "0xc000007b" error is an application problem within the Windows operating system and is not with the game itself - commonly this issue happens when there are either files missing or have been corrupted. Here are a couple of steps you can do to try and identify and address the issue:

1) Update your security programs or anti-virus programs and then run a scan for viruses - viruses or malware may have corrupted or deleted files in your computer and caused it.

2) Fully restart your computer, completely uninstall the game - then wipe away any remaining Don't Starve Together local content and files before re-installing the game.

3) You could also try doing the CHKDSK command to see if there are any hard drive errors that may be causing the 0xc000007b error.

4) Finally, once you've re-installed the game, try running Don't Starve Together as an Administrator.

Should the steps above not be of help, and the issue persists, please try to re-install the executable file called DXSetup,exe and VCRedist.exe in your Don't Starve Together's Steam folders. 

Try to re-install DxSetup.exe in your Don't Starve Together's Steam folder:
C:\Progarm Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\DXRedist\DXSETUP.exe

Try to re-install VCRedist.exe in your Don't Starve Together's Steam folder:
C:\Program FIles\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\VCRedist.exe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 6/9/2020 at 3:01 AM, JanH said:

The "0xc000007b" error is an application problem within the Windows operating system and is not with the game itself - commonly this issue happens when there are either files missing or have been corrupted. Here are a couple of steps you can do to try and identify and address the issue:

1) Update your security programs or anti-virus programs and then run a scan for viruses - viruses or malware may have corrupted or deleted files in your computer and caused it.

2) Fully restart your computer, completely uninstall the game - then wipe away any remaining Don't Starve Together local content and files before re-installing the game.

3) You could also try doing the CHKDSK command to see if there are any hard drive errors that may be causing the 0xc000007b error.

4) Finally, once you've re-installed the game, try running Don't Starve Together as an Administrator.

Should the steps above not be of help, and the issue persists, please try to re-install the executable file called DXSetup,exe and VCRedist.exe in your Don't Starve Together's Steam folders. 

Try to re-install DxSetup.exe in your Don't Starve Together's Steam folder:
C:\Progarm Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\DXRedist\DXSETUP.exe

Try to re-install VCRedist.exe in your Don't Starve Together's Steam folder:
C:\Program FIles\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\VCRedist.exe

sir could my less than required dedicated vram be one of the causes

Edited by PABLO90179017

Share this comment