crash when trying to interact with a spider in your inventory that was forced out of their den during day time

Friendly Grass
  • Pending

The game crashes when a player left or right clicks on a spider in their inventory that was forced out of it's den. There is also no text pop up when the player hovers over said spider.

This is the case for spiders who were lured out of their dens by certain means: setting the den on fire, attacking it, or using the webby whistle.

This is not the case for spiders who came out of their den naturally because it was dusk or night, or spiders spawned in through console.

I just did further testing and this seems to only happen when the spider was forced out during day time as opposed to dusk or night.

This is a very specific crash but not uncommon and very significant.

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

1. find a den of any tier

2. DURING DAY TIME: get the spiders out of their den by setting the den on fire, attacking it, or using the webby whistle

3. put the spiders to sleep by any method

4. pick up the spiders (as webber)

5. hover your mouse over the spiders and see that there is no text pop up

6. left or right click the spiders and notice that the game crashes

User Feedback

when i tried to do this with a pan flute, it just seemed to return the spiders to their nest when i tried to pick them up

Share this comment

Here is a video of my testing. Sorry for the lack of quality. I started by drawing spiders out with a torch, letting them fall asleep and picking them up. These spiders had no text popup. I didn't click on them yet because I wanted to demonstrate the other methods before I caused a crash. I showed drawing spiders out with the Webby Whistle and putting them to sleep with the panflute. As well as hitting the den and putting them to sleep with the panflute. All of these methods caused these crash-causing inventory spiders. I then skipped to dusk, let a spider come out on it's own, put it to sleep, and picked it up. This spider worked as intended in the inventory. Finally, I clicked on one of the bugged inventory spiders and there was a crash.

client_log.txt

Edited by Friendly Grass

Share this comment