Crash when i try starting my game (FRESH) (UNMODDED)

carlwildes
  • Pending

Hey guys please help me, i have a fresh, Dont Starve Together, without any mods, but its crashed to desktop when i try to start up.

I try to reinstall the game, verify the game cache, reinstall the dx9 and VCRedist, run as admin, run with compatibility service pack3, but its not working.

My config:

1.5 GB ram,

512 mb ati video card

3.6ghz 4 core processor

Log

Steps to Reproduce
I simply install the game, and i try to starting, but i get a black screen and dontstarve_steam.exe didn't responding

User Feedback

@carlwildes Reinstalling OS? that's a pretty drastic measure. I'd hold off on that for a while. How about try and deleting the settings.ini in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether?

You still haven't reattached the log.txt and client_log.txt that may shed some more light on the issue.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I dont have log.txt, just only the client_log.txt I try to delete the klei folder like 10 time, but i dont have any settings.ini because my game didnt start up (sorry my english)

Share this comment

@carlwildes since you mentioned that you set the compatibility to service pack3, how about try and set it to the other options. Since you're on Windows 7, set it to that. If that doesn't work, try the other options. If none of them works, Disable the compatibility.

Share this comment

31 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@carlwildes since you mentioned that you set the compatibility to service pack3, how about try and set it to the other options. Since you're on Windows 7, set it to that. If that doesn't work, try the other options. If none of them works, Disable the compatibility.

I try. Nothing happen

Share this comment

@carlwildes can you go check whether your windows has any queued up Windows Updates, if there are any then let them install. Can you also check the contents of version.txt in Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta and see if its "170618". That's what mine says.

Share this comment

@carlwildes Did you try to check for Windows Updates yet? 

Last thing I could probably suggest, is to double check whether your video card's driver is up to date. Check their official site for it too.

Share this comment

@carlwildes just a precaution, to be exactly sure you tried everything in the first link I mentioned above. Your PC is probably running on Integrated Graphics  when the game opens and crashing cause the integrated graphics can't run the game. You never really specified which ATI video card you have. I'd ask for a copy of your dxdiag.txt. Here's the snippet from the Klei Article:

Integrated Graphics
If you are running the game with integrated graphics, please make sure to check this option in the NVIDIA control panel as well. *Note that the NVIDIA Control Panel may display the name of the game incorrectly, but the icon should be identifiable as Don't Starve Together Beta.

If you know that you have an NVIDIA or AMD Radeon card that meets Don't Starve Together's Early-Access specs, but you're still unable to run the game, you may have to force your graphics card to run instead of your integrated card. Go to your NVIDIA Control Panel or Radeon Catalyst Control Panel and force your NVIDIA/Radeon card to run whenever you're playing Don't Starve Together Beta. It should be called the "Dedicated" card.

Share this comment