Chester hopping endlessly to nowhere

FroobLoob
  • Pending

unknown.pngunknown.png

This is my creative world. There are no mods here that would affect Chester in any way, but occasionally, he will hop in one direction, ceasing to stop even hitting the edge of the map. I've never been able to get him past the desert, as when I try to push him he just gets further stuck. If I take the eyebone out of him and put it in my inventory, he still does not follow. Thank you for your time in possibly helping me with this issue, I really appreciate it <3 

Steps to Reproduce
Placed Chester in the middle of the box with Gekkos to constantly spook them for grass. After a few in-game days, I will check up on the farm to see Chester hopping in one corner.

User Feedback

There are no mods here that would affect Chester in any way,

@FroobLoob Disable all your mods and see if chester still faces this issue. Mods can affect other areas of the game that may not make sense with what the mod does itself (Where's My Beefalo mod - which shows you where Beefalo were on the map - makes it so you can't attack Dragonfly. Why? Who knows, but it's a thing).

With no mods enabled, chester works fine for me.

Edited by lakhnish
rephrased to better explain

Share this comment

If it happens again, consider using c_count("chester_eyebone") to make sure there's only this one eyebone in the world, I suppose. If there's any mods that add other chester-likes, it's entirely possible they made a different item that also uses the "eyebone" tag, which confuses chester.

Share this comment