chat box wont keep activate when pressing chat key

Akreon Dorplasy
  • Pending

When i try to talk with people in-game, i must hold the chat button  to talk with other people. And with that even if i manage to write a message, i doesnt show anything  3/4 

October 2018 edit: Nevermind it was a conflict with the Enter key being assigned with 2 different actions. The creator of a discussion being unable to delete their thread, I can't manually block the subject. If a moderator see this, you can do as so.

Steps to Reproduce
simply try to activate chat box by pressing (not holding) the chat button. I also change the chat key with enter. when i change back Y the chat box work absolutely fine but when i go back to enter it start bugging again

User Feedback

Hey @Akreon Dorplasy, welcome to the forums. Could you perhaps confirm what version this is happening to you cause there was just a DST Update around the time you posted this. Attaching a copy of your client_log.txt file would be great. It should be under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether. 

I reckon your issue is due to the update made to the chat box to quickly type in emotes in chat by pressing Enter. Can you confirm your DST version?

Share this comment

@Akreon Dorplasy you can also try Verifying the integrity of your game files, from the game's properties in Steam. Also, are you running any mods? You may want to disable those as well to see if they are causing the problem.

Share this comment