Character animation problem

Well-met
  • Pending

Ever since the Warly Update, all of my characters have an incorrect rendering problem on their default stance in my listen server. They are either invisible or three-armed. I have no mods and this happens on a vanilla, non-RoT game. When the character moves or does any action, it renders fine. I have attempted to reset my profile with no luck. If it does turn out to be on my end and my fault somehow, I apologize in advance.

20190725235035_1.thumb.jpg.8b55a222c23a8df4b177c3bb842fa02d.jpg 

20190725234602_1.thumb.jpg.5830401f75c3fa41202037cf61d396ef.jpg20190725234758_1.thumb.jpg.7a291d1e6dfdf67eda7473054a90593c.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
N\A
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

If it helps, it's not just you, it's happening to all my two friends and I as well (ignore the Wagstaff, he's a mod). My character doesn't appear in my portrait, and only shows in the curio during an animation. It seems like only the idle is off, both in-game and out.

dst-bug.png

dst-bug2.png

dst-bug3.png

Share this comment

Turns out it is because of a custom character, even if it's not directly the character and even if the mod isn't activated. It somehow spreads to all other characters (even stock). In your case it'd be Wagstaff.

I do have a custom character but I did not think it faulty because I had the issue even with it disabled.

Seems like this happens only to custom characters that were compiled from an existing stock character rig.

A forum user @-Variantreported this :

Klei has been changing all the characters to DYNs. 
The ZIPs aren't a thing anymore, currently. I spoke with one of the devs and they said they'll put the ZIPs back in, in a future update for modder ref.
I'm unaware if they're back already or not

So please Klei, bring back the zips or whatever this is all about.

Edited by Hell-met

Share this comment

21 hours ago, Hell-met said:

A forum user @-Variantreported this :

I don't remember which place I said this, I've spread it a lot, was this on Leo's profile?

Anyways, the same time I asked the devs and they told me this, they also said they'd bring back the Zips in a future update.

I'm not sure they're back right now, been sleeping. But I've also noticed this chang has affected some of my mods, especially a reskin I finished the same day of the change. It's rather odd.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

well, I pray this report does not fall behind forgotten, simply because it fell on the second page.

Share this comment