Catcoons not accepting some items that have the right tags to them?

lakhnish
  • Pending

Catcoons will take the following items if they are on the ground but won't accept them as trade (they have one of the eligible tags for ShouldAcceptItem in catcoon.lua).

I don't know which ones are intentionally not supposed to be tradeable and which ones are. I've listed them based on their prefab name in the prefabs folder

• balloon
  • balloonparty
  • balloonspeed
  • balloons_empty
  • balloonvest
  • carnival_prizeticket
  • coontail
  • featherpencil
  • halloween_ornaments (none of them)
  • marblebean
  • moonbutterfly (they do accept a live butterfly and moonbutterflywings though)
  • moontree_blossom
  • oceanfishingbobber (none of them)
  • pocketwatch_parts
  • tallbirdegg (b/c they lack the tradeable component, you can't give it to pigs or pigking either, whether it be cooked or raw)

A common theme is that they are missing the tradeable component to them. 

Steps to Reproduce

Use catcoons for a trading project. Notice that some items that the catcoon could be accepting cause they have the eligible tags in ShouldAcceptItem in catcoon.lua also lack a tradeable component.

• Like 2

User Feedback

I feel like every inventory item should just be tradable automatically, without having to add the tradable component. These same kinds of bugs have happened for pearl not accepting insulation clothing despite them being valid, and beefalo not being able to eat lichen, that I think it'd just be much better to just have every item be automatically tradable.

• Like 2

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Hornete said:

I feel like every inventory item should just be tradable automatically, without having to add the tradable component. These same kinds of bugs have happened for pearl not accepting insulation clothing despite them being valid, and beefalo not being able to eat lichen, that I think it'd just be much better to just have every item be automatically tradable.

Yeah that would prevent a lot of problems in the long run too.

Mobs would just have their conditionals as to whether or not they would accept the item as well, so if there is a problem, it's at least isolated.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment