Cant hear sound at all out of my headset (solved)

Kryalga
  • Closed

Hi i recently got dont starve together and I never have been able to hear the game with my headset in the game.

I tried changing the sound manually but it didnt work it still says 0 when i get in game

I tried re installing the game

shutting off my computer.

validating the game files

and checking the volume mixer

also i changed my headset to 16 bit 48k hz

please help

Steps to Reproduce
nothing it happened as soon as i got the game but i use a razer kraken chroma headset

User Feedback

Hello @Kryalga, welcome to the forums. Since you've already verified the integrity of the game cache and have tried manually changing the settings file (called "client.ini") but if the in game settings always remain 0, instead of manually changing the client.ini file how about deleting the settings.ini file. Have you tried that yet? Starting up DST again should generate a new client.ini file Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether.  I've tried it just now and the client.ini file has been generated in its more basic form then opened Options in-game and calibrated everything again.

If it stills remains 0 for you, do you perhaps have OneNote active? I remember OneNote messes with your computer Documents folder and relocates the Windows Documents folder to somewhere else on your PC so even if you manually change the client.ini file in the default location of the Documents folder, the settings remain unchanged because its... elsewhere(?). I can't confirm if it is. I never personally used OneNote, I just remembered that being a thing before.

If any of these help, please report back which method you tried so future users may be able to follow the same method if they ever experience the same thing again. Cheers.

Share this comment

Hello thanks for the response but it seems as if none of it has worked i have never used one note either any other possible ways?

Share this comment

@Kryalga hmm... are you perhaps only playing with a non-administrator account on your PC? Sometimes enabling the game executable's compatibility properties to "Run this program as administrator" helps. 

Doing a quick google search I discovered this but it's for Don't Starve and not Dont' Starve Together. Try their method atleast: NO AUDIO

Not sure if it'll work but give it a try.

Edited by Zillvr

Share this comment