c_gonext("____") reliably crashes game without crashing server

MF99K
  • Pending

I think this may be an issue with my computer more that with the game itself. none of my logs are showing anything, but about 80% of the time I use c_gonext("") to teleport to my base, I go to my base, the game promptly freezes and crashes, but the server stays running. I know this because I've had people continue playing on my server after my game crashes, and I have to go directly to the server...-executables? I guess? and shut them down manually.

Could this be a memory issue? As in, the computer is allocating more memory to the server than to the game itself?

As another note, c_spawn on this server makes the game lag tremendously, but only for my character and for the console. Everything else, including other players, isn't affected.

I haven't had this problem on any of my other servers. 

Steps to Reproduce
use console codes on a new, non-dedicated server on a macbook pro. probably.

User Feedback

This happens to me sometimes as well, (my laptop can't even get the new windows 10, in other words its a POS) I've only noticed this happen to me when the distance between me and the go_next prefab is really big, like across the world big. Other than that it almost never crashes.

Share this comment