Bundling Wrap and maybe Bookcase sounds off.

Kur0u
  • Pending

Bundling wrap is currently making a wood stacking sound when you start bundling, like one plank hitting another plank, I'm trying to figure out which in game sound that is but so far I have no idea, pretty sure that's not intended. Sound similar to placing a Saltlick. On the same note, Bookcases use the sound of a chest when opening and closing. EDIT: Bundling wrap makes the same sound as the Enlightened Crown. Unless the crown is also bugged, sounds really out of place, like wood. EDIT2: Wait actually , Glowcap has the same sound when you open it, and as someone else pointed out Tacklebox share it too? This last one I didn't check. I know for certain the Spectacklerbox doesn't share the sound. So it's 3(4) things with the same open/close sound, could anyone confirm if this is intended or not? Bundling Wrap, Enlightened Crown and Glowcap share the same open/close sound and Bookcase sounds like a Chest.

Steps to Reproduce

Use bundling wrap, open bookcase, they sound out of place.

• Ninja 1

User Feedback

The crown and bundle wrap took their sound from the tackle box and I'm pretty sure the noise is intentional for those items (personally I like it)

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Luckystars007 said:

The crown and bundle wrap took their sound from the tackle box and I'm pretty sure the noise is intentional for those items (personally I like it)

Sounds like wood planks hitting each other, doesn't make any sense for neither of them.

Share this comment

@Kur0u This has technically been a feature for a while now, but it was always bugged for clients, and so the "wooden" sound you describe didn't occur for a very long time for most containers. It was finally fixed recently.

The Enlightened Crown getting a unique UI open/close sound would be pretty cool though! It's already got a unique UI, might as well go all in :grin:

Edited by Hornete

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Hornete said:

@Kur0u This has technically been a feature for a while now, but it was always bugged for clients, and so the "wooden" sound you describe didn't occur for a very long time for most containers. It was finally fixed recently.

The Enlightened Crown getting a unique UI open/close sound would be pretty cool though! It's already got a unique UI, might as well go all in :grin:

That explains a lot @Hornete, thank you. When you're so used to a bug that the fixed version appears to be the actual bug lol. And yes, celestial champion have so many sounds and cries, wouldn't be hard to just chop some into bits and use that for the crown

Edited by Kur0u

Share this comment