bug when i play in multiplayer game

Thiou
  • Closed

Hello,
I have a new bug since 2 days.
When i create and play alone there is no bug.
but If I join a game created by my friends, water is not the same place for them. I don't see where it should be, my character is blocked  as if there were invisible walls (the place where there is water).
If I created a game and my friends join, I have no bug, but then my friends have the same bug (with water). If they play without me they have no bug ... so I can't play with them.
I do not understand. I played a lot to don't starve together and I have never encountered any problems.
All my drivers are update, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that doesn' t change.

I thought the bug comes from the French translation mod (I uninstalled and removed it), but nothing changed.

Could you help me ?

Thank you in advance (and sorry for my bad english)

Ps : i add the DxDiag file. (I don't have a mdmp file in Steam > SteamApps > Common > Don't Starve Together Beta > bin > )

Steps to Reproduce
i was playing with a friend and it was impossible to play together. The game worked well before and I have not changed anything (besides windows update), I don't understand why now it no longer works.

User Feedback

Hello @Thiou, welcome to the forums. It seems like the game lost permission to read/write in the documents folder which causes conflicting world. Try the following method first and see if it'll work:

• Open Steam
  • Right click DST
  • Select Properties and under the Local Files Tab click Browse Local Files
  • Open the bin folder in the new window that opens
  • Right click dontstarve_steam.exe
  • Select Properties and under the Compatibility Tab, enable "Run this program as administrator"
  • Press Apply then Ok
  • Do the last three steps for dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe
  • Then start up DST again and check whether the issue still occurs when you play with other people

If it doesn't work, attach the server_log.txt file found under (Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_#) wherein the Cluster_# would correspond to the server slot number in the Host Game screen that is having the issue. Also add the client_log.txt file found under (Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\).

I hope the first method works, good luck. Cheers.

Share this comment

Hello and thank you for your quick response.I tried the first method but it doesn't work. My character has Started the game in the middle of the ocean.I send you the file clien_log.
By cons I can't find a file called "server_log.txt" under (Documents \ Klei \ DoNotStarveTogether \ Cluster_ #). I have try all the Cluster_ folders but can't find it.In the folder there is only a file called "cluster.ini" and a folder called "Master"

PS: It's strange because the date written in the client_log file is "Wed Jul 06 10:11:19 p.m. 2016" and yet I played yesterday ...

client_log.txt

Share this comment

Sorry, I forgot that the server_log.txt would be in the Master folder, attach that too. The server_log.txt of the server that has the issue.

Have you used all the server slots? Do they all have the same error regardless of which server slot you use as long as you're playing with another player?

If the client_log.txt specifies that it's last log date was "Wed Jul 06 10:11:19 p.m. 2016"  which is almost over a month ago. I think you activated OneDrive for your PC which overrides the default Documents folder (which where you got the client_log.txt from) and places it inside the OneDrive.

I suggest you try and disable OneDrive if you can, and try again.

Share this comment

I'm sorry to have bothered you for nothing. It was not a bug.
The "Don't Starve Together" file was in "Hidden Mod" in My documents..
since it is visible, everything works again
Thank you for your help and sorry :)

Edited by Thiou

Share this comment

@Thiou No problem. Thanks for reporting back how you fixed your issue since there a chance that somebody else may be experiencing the same thing and if they find this bug report they can fix it easily.

Anyway have fun, cheers!

Share this comment