Browsing Server Down

21neko
  • Known Issue

Past two days, I've been trying to troubleshoot my DST since whenever I try to browse some servers it says 0 servers found.

I tried different kinds of troubleshoot like: rebooting my computer for new update, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, switching off and on my modem, and lastly verifying it's game cache.

I searched in my C drive DST and it showed, a lot of folders reports of crashing, I think the reports wasn't delivered since it keeps filing up new folders.

And I found out that the only way I could join different server, is if my friends were to invite. (which is good 'cuz I still wanna play it.)

I don't really know the very problem, if it's about the update, crashing or a bug.

I kindly need help please. (and I'm new to this forum thing never made an account in forums until now, please be nice ^^)

Screenshot (101).png

Screenshot (102).png

Steps to Reproduce
I was testing the new update and it worked, but the next day it didn't. I'm not certain if it's a bug, the update or crashing because it couldn't connect to Klei's server.

User Feedback

Hello @21neko, welcome to the forums. Here's a Klei Support Article that tackles what you can do if you can't Connect to Servers. What I mainly think you should try next (from the Klei Support Article) is to toggle "Run this program as an administrator". To do that, right-click on the dontstarve_steam.exe (Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\bin) and choose "Run this program as an administrator". 

Maybe try and click the Reset Filters button too.

If that doesn't work still, the client_log.txt file should shed some more light on what's happening as to why you can't connect. You can find the client_log.txt file under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether. So report back with the log files if none of the methods above worked for you, cheers.

• Like 1

Share this comment

As Zillvr mentioned, posting your client_log.txt should help us figure out what's going on.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @21neko, welcome to the forums. Here's a Klei Support Article that tackles what you can do if you can't Connect to Servers. What I mainly think you should try next (from the Klei Support Article) is to toggle "Run this program as an administrator". To do that, right-click on the dontstarve_steam.exe (Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\bin) and choose "Run this program as an administrator". 

Maybe try and click the Reset Filters button too.

If that doesn't work still, the client_log.txt file should shed some more light on what's happening as to why you can't connect. You can find the client_log.txt file under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether. So report back with the log files if none of the methods above worked for you, cheers.

7 hours ago, 255 said:

As Zillvr mentioned, posting your client_log.txt should help us figure out what's going on.

Hi thank you for your answers, I found documents, but I'm not really sure if it's gonna shed some light. I got some help with my programmer friend made him checked everything, and he said that it's a Network problem. I agree with him that my ISP is my problem since they're upgrading their network, but just in case I still uploaded the file that I saw for a double check. Thank you.

Report.wer

dontstarve_steam.exe.8920.dmp

Share this comment