Broken movement inputs

splorange
  • Known Issue

After the Scrappy Scavengers update went live my vertical movement using my W and S keys no longer work, pressing the keys stops my movement if there was any. Keys are still bound in the controls menu, still broken when all mods are disabled. Friend reports they have a similar issue in which they can't move diagonally, another reports no issue.

Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: If you have this issue, you can reset your keybinds to fix it.

Steps to Reproduce

Play game

Notice movement is broken (not always applicable)

• Like 5

User Feedback

It is a big issue on Jazzy's stream. Some of us in chat have the issue, some of us don't. Some people can't move diagonally but can move up/down/left/right just fine. Everyone's keyboards can type w and s like normal. There is some speculation it is a mod issue, but we don't know. I personally don't have the issue however.

I'm told that rebinding keybinds fixes this issue.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I have this identical bug. W and S seemingly do nothing. Rebooted, verified files, the works. A and D still work, and rotation keys for the camera. My bug is identical to the poster and a twitch streamer I was watching.

Follow up 1:

Re-biding the keys to others, then binding back to W and S provides no solution.

(Solved) Follow up 2:

Resetting all keybinds with the reset button fixes issue. Adding my custom bindings afterward works normally.

Edited by Pulsemazer
Solved Issue

Share this comment

Just now, Pulsemazer said:

I have this identical bug. W and S seemingly do nothing. Rebooted, verified files, the works. A and D still work, and rotation keys for the camera. My bug is identical to the poster and a twitch streamer I was watching.

Try binding W and S to something else, trying it, and then rebinding them back to normal. This seems to have fixed it for some people.

Share this comment

I can't move diagonally. It's so uncomfortable :(

It can be fixed by Resetting keybinds

Edited by Dreadstone

Share this comment

after rebinding W and S the new keys also did nothing, but clicking Reset Binds fixed it for me

Share this comment

We are looking into this issue. Could you please try resetting your key binds in the settings' controls tab? This should fix your issue. If not, please let us know.

We apology for the inconvenience. Thank you.

Changed Status to Known Issue

• Like 1

Share this comment