Bearger too scared to spawn

Falkenpelz
  • Pending

I've been playing for a while on a new world with default settings (and some mods i've been using for a while without issues) and let Bearger live for a year first, then killed him in the next year. Now, since the first day of the next autumn I'm constantly hearing his breathing noise and the character announces his coming about 3 times a day, but he hasn't appeared yet and autumn is almost over. He seems to be stuck in a loop where he is just about to spawn, yet it never happens. Quitting and relogging or changing characters didn't solve the problem.

Steps to Reproduce

Create a default world with caves, let Bearger hibernate and kill him afterwards, then wait for the next autumn and the character gets stuck in a state of constant fear that something scary is coming, every single day (with no Bearger spawning). Stuff I did so far was entering caves, using celestial portal, telelocator and the "gonext"-command.

User Feedback

Mine did this for a few seasons then finally showed up. Now I'm not getting him even making noises. No bearger for at least 5 autumn's now and I've searched for him at least 4 times over the whole map

Share this comment

Update: This problem still exists in the current world. Bearger growling all autumn long, no Bearger spawning. The only way to at least get rid of the annoying constant growling was to manually spawn him in and kill him, after that his spawn attempt stops apparently (but he still won't spawn next year).

Share this comment

About a week ago I had this issue - I was constantly hearing the roars, getting character warnings, but nothing ever happened for the rest of autumn. Haven't reached the next autumn yet.

Possible hint:

[02:55:34]: 	...Sorting edges	
[02:55:34]: 	...Connecting nodes	
[02:55:34]: 	...Validating connections	
[02:55:34]: 	...Housekeeping	
[02:55:34]: 	...Done!	
[02:55:34]: You must first AddTimer before you can start a timer	bearger_timetospawn	
[02:55:34]: You must first AddTimer before you can start a timer	bearger_timetospawn

Attaching cluster (quite a few mods are in use, but none of them should be making changes to beargerspawner): Cluster_DSTU_1-2021-05-04-stripped.tgz

I have yet to actually check with c_countprefabs, but pretty sure bearger is actually missing.

Share this comment

Update to my comment. I had autumn set to very long and haven't had bearger in "years". Just changed to long and I just heard him again. Will let you know if he shows up. I was too excited to just hear him lol

Nothing. Changing to another length of autumn

Share this comment

Still didn't get him as of build 463073. The timer is paused when players enter the game. Fixed it manually by issuing this in the forest:

TheWorld.components.worldsettingstimer:ResumeTimer("bearger_timetospawn")

To check if this is causing in your world, issue:

c_announce(TheWorld.components.worldsettingstimer:GetDebugString())

If the bearger timer is enabled, but paused despite players being in the forest, the command above will fix it.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment