All of my progress gone...(Respond fast pls)

Zukaneres
  • Pending

I started DST today and find out that my worlds and skins are gone but spools remained?Is it real bug or am I a idiot and its a easy fix?I can see my skins in the steam inventory but not in game?(91h play time)

Steps to Reproduce

Havent played in 1 month so idk?

User Feedback

Hello @Zukaneres, welcome to the forums. It's a little too optimistic to say you can retrieve those worlds, since there's very little info to go with on your report.

Could you go over and answer the following questions:

• Have you recently made any changes on your PC? Windows Update?
  • Renewed accounts on PC admin, user, etc.?
  • Enabled OneNote recently? (I came across before that OneNote, once enabled reconfigured the Documents folder of your PC which is where DST save files are.)
  • Did you use mods that affect World Saves? e.g. Add More Save Slots, etc.

Lastly, could you attach a copy of your client_log.txt found under Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether. Click-drag drop the whole file into your reply to this.

Share this comment

1.No not really,I formated my PC but I reinstalled the game after that and  everything was alright.

2.No.

3.If you mean Microsoft OneNote then yes,I did use it for my online school a little bit.

4.I did use geometric placement,the mod where it shows you the season,tempeture,coloured wormholes,food values.(Only the popular ones that I've found on youtube).

I dont see any skins in game but still the charapters have the percentages below their icon like I have the skins.

Edited by Zukaneres

Share this comment

1. Everything was alright?

BUT you don't have skins, and your worlds are gone, correct?

With the skins, are you sure you didn't Filter to items you don't own? If percentages are present, items should exist. Click through the Filter options when you access each character for "Owned", etc.

2. Ok, thanks.

3. Microsoft OneNote can affect the default location of your Documents folder, thereby FORCES document files to be saved elsewhere on your PC. And that new OneNote Documents folder cannot be saved/access by DST cause it's no longer in its default location. Can you go to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether and open any Cluster_#, if there are cluster_#s in there, they could be the missing files. If not, they could be located in the NEW DOCUMENTS folder set by Microsoft OneNote. (it's one or the other, sorry I haven't encountered this issue with OneNote in a long time)

4. Ok, none of those mods should be affecting your world saves.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Is OneNote the only file location where the missing files could be?

Also I just saw that I have my skins,but the history is clear,it looks like I just started playing the game if you know what I mean.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Zukaneres said:

1.No not really,I formated my PC but I reinstalled the game after that and  everything was alright.

1 hour ago, Zukaneres said:

Also I just saw that I have my skins,but the history is clear,it looks like I just started playing the game if you know what I mean.

Formatting, as in, you reset/cleaned the drive, correct? If so, that could possibly be why you lost your save files. DST saves the game locally onto your machine (typically Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether), so if you didn't back up your save files before hand, those files are gone (unless they really were in OneDrive).

Since you said its looks like you just started playing the game, it sounds like the files weren't backed up/placed back in, but if you did, simply putting in place your previous DoNotStarveTogether folder after moving the new DoNotStarveTogether folder (say the desktop in case something else happens) should work.

And if it doesn't, there are other steps you can take to put them back in place, but that's only if you backed up the files in the first place.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

I cant find the files,eh,I guess I'll start again.At least I have the skins :P.

Thanks for trying to help.

Edited by Zukaneres
  • Like 1

Share this comment