ACTIONS.PICK not correct with mouseclick, works with Spacebar

Serpens
  • Pending

Imagine a mod with the tool "scythe", which adds
inst.components.finiteuses:SetConsumption(ACTIONS.PICK, 1)
and onequip adds the "fastpicker" tag, to quickly pick grass/saplings and so on.

When holding spacebar, the pick action will consume the scythe as intended.
But when leftclicking, it is not consumed.
I guess this i because the leftclick action does not accept the scythe as an item to use for the pick action, but I also wonder why sppacebar has no problem with it.
I also tried adding the tool component with pick action and added pick to the allowed TOOLACTIONS, but still not working

Steps to Reproduce
Get any scythe mod and see https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1557738886 (all publicy available scythe mods overwrite the pick action, but also without this and adding the fastpicker Tag instead, the above problem exists)

User Feedback

Wait is this a mod bug report?

You shouldn't report bugs that don't stem from the main game itself, I might be misreading this though.

If it is this needs to be brought to the Modder's attention, as they've probably got older states going.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

Wait is this a mod bug report?

You shouldn't report bugs that don't stem from the main game itself, I might be misreading this though.

If it is this needs to be brought to the Modder's attention, as they've probably got older states going.

no it isnt...
I'm a modder myself and I tried to solve this. But I consider this unsolveable (withoug fixing bugs in Kleis code), because it is a bug on Klei's side.
The mod only makes this bug visible, because without a tool that interacts with the PICK action, you wont notice the bug in normal game.

Edited by Serpens

Share this comment