Abigail not using her AoE attack

fimmatek
  • Pending

I have set up a pig farm with bait and I kill them during full moon, as Wendy. I noticed in the last weeks however, that Abigal does not use her AoE, she just attacks a single target (if at all, I'm not sure). It happened on an old world, haven't tested it on newer ones. No server mods.

abigailAoE.jpg.3705960663aadd76dbe3829b9c465530.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is a bug because this wasn't the case earlier (months earlier) where killing the pigmen took clearly shorter.

Steps to Reproduce
Set up a pig farm, summon Abigail and kill the pigmen.

User Feedback

As far as I know, Abigail AoE only attacks mobs that have either agroed onto you or her. In this case with pig farms, the pigs are all focused on the bait trap, not you or her. Once you've attacked the werepig, only that one werepig's agro gets placed on you, meaning her AoE attack will only affect that werepig since all the others are still focused on the bait. If you attacked each one once and went to the next one, you'll see that the AoE will be in effect. Hope this helps.

Edited by lakhnish
Added "As far as I know"

Share this comment

On 4.8.2018 at 1:56 AM, lakhnish said:

As far as I know, Abigail AoE only attacks mobs that have either agroed onto you or her. In this case with pig farms, the pigs are all focused on the bait trap, not you or her. Once you've attacked the werepig, only that one werepig's agro gets placed on you, meaning her AoE attack will only affect that werepig since all the others are still focused on the bait. If you attacked each one once and went to the next one, you'll see that the AoE will be in effect. Hope this helps.

Hm, I'm still a bit confused because in some cases Abigail did used her AoE on multiple pigs although I didn't do anything differently as in other cases where she didn't. I guess there was some difference then... I'll make some experiments on that later when I have time. Thanks for the tip!

Share this comment