A critical bug causing Server Crash with hounds

Jinshi
  • Fixed

After the 501079 update, the server will CRASH when a player joins the game during the hound wave is imminent (No server-side mod added). Please fix it right away, thanks!

Steps to Reproduce

Method:

Step 1. Player A, B join the game, and wait for the hound attack.

Step 2. When the hound attack is imminent (players could hear the snorting sounds), player B quits the game, and then rejoins the game.

Step 3. In a few minutes, the server crashes.

server_log.txt is provided as follows. Please fix it right away, thanks!

server_log_Apr1st.txt

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Important info to know for this crash: this crash is caused by a player who recently "dodged" a hound attack by logging off who then relogs on (the game will not be able to process their hound attack properly, and it will crash on a nil value in the "hounded" script) 

Basically, the players above in your report were slated / recorded to have dodged a hound attack, and then upon trying to log in, the game failed to spawn their hound wave they missed. I have basically the same crash I've seen on some servers I host (this log is from DST United States Endless 3) 

crashlog DST_US_E3 03_31_22.txt

Share this comment

1 hour ago, thegreatmanagement said:

this crash is caused by a player who recently "dodged" a hound attack by logging off who then relogs on

Yes, I've noticed that. Further more, the server won't crash if the server is empty when the player rejoins the game.

My servers kept crashing after the update and I think those guys still keep their habit that just quit the game to escape from hounds.

Share this comment