6gb ram and high usage

Bobl
  • Closed

After the quality of life update I am noticing a high ram memory usage, when starting the world the ram memory usage goes to 85% when nothing is happening, this with "texture streaming" option activated, when switching off it goes to 95%, I just tested in 32bit mode and it is also using 80% of the ram memory.

I decided to post about it after I saw another post talking about it.

I literally just logged in and it is already at 85% in 32bit mode as well.

Sem título.png

Steps to Reproduce

Start the world and when entering the world see the ram usage

User Feedback

I'm sending you the files again because before I had some mods so I removed them all and did a clean install and the bug is still there. This photo above was also taken without mods! another post about this bug: 

client_log.txt DxDiag.txt

Edited by Bobl

Share this comment

Hi there, thanks for the report. Our team is currently looking into this issue. In the meantime, you could try enabling "Small Textures" in the options menu to see if that makes a difference temporarily.

On another note, this may not help with this particular issue, but I did notice that your GPU drivers have not been updated since 3/25/2018. This may not help with this particular issue, but doing a cursory search on NVIDIA's driver site, GeForce GT 730 should still be able to receive driver updates until ver. 472.12 - Release Date: Mon Sep 20, 2021. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

My graphics card was made by a company "MSI" and their gt 730 is no longer supported for updates since version 391.35 :(. About small textures i tried but did not succeed the ram memory stays at 85% until it reaches 90%, i will not be able to play for a while but, I am glad you are already keeping an eye on this problem, thank you very much! and thanks for the attention. :love_heart:

Sem título.png

Edited by Bobl

Share this comment

I compared a few builds, the current build, the last Year of the Catcoon hotfix (496354) and the one listed in your log file (500432) and they all used around the same amount of memory (with Texture Streaming enabled) and have similar usage to your screen shot.

Having texture streaming turned off will load every single asset into memory and is not recommended. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment