All the recipes recorded earlier were gone.

Pihto
  • Closed

After restarting the computer, I started to run the game through the Steam library, but after a few seconds of running (during the black screen) the game ended urgently.

I decided to restart the computer again, but it did not solve the problem.

From a sense of despair, I decided to go for radical action: Remove the root folder of the game from the Steam and habit immediately removed these files from the "Trash"

I downloaded and installed the game again using the Steam library, but the problem remained unsolved (the Game did not start)

Then I ran the file (.exe) with"Administrator Rights". This time I was lucky because the game started!

After that, all other attempts to run the game are successful ( just using the Steam library). But there was ANOTHER PROBLEM: all skins equipped earlier on characters became not equipped. The main thing is that the records of 62 open recipe disappeared!!! And I'm afraid that for the re-opening of recipes (for the first opening give experience) I can get banned on my game account. I don't use cheats, I'm not a hacker!

Before that, I had 62 recipes out of 70. And I really wanted to get an achievement with 30K experience for opening all recipes (70/70).

20180619215322_1.jpg

20180619215359_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I deleted the game root folder. Then I downloaded and installed DST on Steam. When I successfully launched the game, all open recipes of the current event were lost (See the attached screenshot taken on Steam).
  • Like 1

User Feedback

P.S. I Am not given a re-experience when I open these recipes again, although during cooking the game system reports "new recipe".

Share this comment

Thank you for your comment, but I already understood it myself. I can only say the following: such cases are rare, but they bring some inconvenience to players, because the recipes are not stored in the cloud storage of Steam. Perhaps it will be food for thought for developers.

I hope that all 62 will be considered open on the servers of Klei / Steam. Then I'll just have to open the other 8 recipes to get the achievement (Master Chef).

Share this comment

I'm sorry to hear you lost your save data.

As a workaround to figure out which recipes you are missing:
- run DST
- click play
- after the log-in process is done, close the game
- open the log files (\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt)
- search for "Adding unlocked event achievement: food_"
- this will list the recipe progress for the achievement.

Share this comment

Thank You so much for a little life hack!! I was able to find the missing numbers I needed :)

3 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

I'm sorry to hear you lost your save data.

As a workaround to figure out which recipes you are missing:
- run DST
- click play
- after the log-in process is done, close the game
- open the log files (\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt)
- search for "Adding unlocked event achievement: food_"
- this will list the recipe progress for the achievement.

Share this comment

There is way to get all discovered recipes back! (without recipes you not discover yet)

Just put other "Klei" folder from the other computer documents (you need to have all discovered recipes at the other computer) and just replace yours folder by it. This has already helped many people. I can give you mine folder if you want.

Share this comment