You are unable to attack frozen larvae

lakhnish
  • Closed

If a larvae if frozen, you can't attack it, only examine it.

Steps to Reproduce

Freeze larvae.

Can only examine it.

User Feedback

@lakhnish This was an intentional change made recently, since frozen lavae will die anyway upon thawing.

-- Tell clients to no longer target this entity because it will die when it thaws.
inst.replica.health:SetIsDead(true)

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Hornete said:

@lakhnish This was an intentional change made recently, since frozen lavae will die anyway upon thawing.

-- Tell clients to no longer target this entity because it will die when it thaws.
inst.replica.health:SetIsDead(true)

Is the intention is that it's only main way of death after being frozen is death by thawing or b/c the frozen larvae will die anyway upon thawing?

If it's the latter, can this be reverted then please Klei?

I use the strategy of freezing and breaking the larvae with Ice Staves against Dfly (freeze larvae until it's the last one, put Dfly to sleep, freeze and break the frozen larvae, Dfly doesn't enrage). 

I am able to work around it by just not freezing the last larvae and killing it myself, but if the intention is truly the latter, being able to break the frozen larvae again would be appreciated.

• Like 2

Share this comment

2 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Is the intention is that it's only main way of death after being frozen is death by thawing or b/c the frozen larvae will die anyway upon thawing?

That would be the latter.

That's a neat strategy you have, I haven't seen it before, :D

• Like 1

Share this comment

This was added in patch 501079 as an intentional change to the lavae behavior. Please let me know if this stops all strategy related to the last lavae in a wave or if there is an alternative strategy still present to achieve a result similar to your desired one. For now I will mark this as closed but I am open for feedback.

Changed Status to Closed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Please let me know if this stops all strategy related to the last lavae in a wave or if there is an alternative strategy still present to achieve a result similar to your desired one

Nah, it doesn't stop all strategies related to the last larvae in a wave. It's just that instead of freezing the last larvae, I just manually kill it instead, though it's only slightly less convenient than before (mainly cause it's a change).

I worked around it easily yesterday when I first noticed the change, just wasn't sure why it had changed.

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

That's a neat strategy you have, I haven't seen it before, :D

I learnt it from the late Helicalpuma here!

I like it a lot more than the wall strat since I feel that it's faster and more dynamic than sitting behind a wall where Dfly may or may not enrage every round (plus it gives me a lot of rocks too!)

Edited by lakhnish
"though...change"
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment